Day of surgery is here!!!!

omiomezzo
on 9/18/13 8:54 pm
RNY on 09/19/13

Today is the day!!!!  I am excited and nervous all rolled into one.  Slide over everyone and make some room for me on the losers bench!!!  My hospital told me not to bring much, as they supply it all.  This is my list of must haves:

Chapstick, slippers, loose clothing, underwear, phone.

Any other recommendations on what to bring?  I have to be at the hospital at 11:30

-Babydoll-
on 9/18/13 9:06 pm - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
Congrats ans hoping for an eventless surgery and a speedy recovery!!! I wish I would have brought a pillow to hold against my tummy of on the car ride home but I also live about 45mins to a hour from my dr.

Sarahakers11
on 9/18/13 9:16 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I don't have any recommendations on what to bring as I really didn't use much of what I brought...but I will say a POSITIVE ATTITUDE.  I really believe me saying over and over again from being wheeled back till going under in my head "This is going to go perfectly this is going to go perfectly" really helped

Also every time I went to sleep for the first month I would fall asleep saying "My body knows how to heal itself its an amazing body"   I never had any issues..which is probably coincidence but it never hurts :P  Of course it doesnt hurt to follow your doctors orders and plan either ;) 

See you on the losers bench!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Sistaital
on 9/18/13 9:23 pm
Congrats and best of luck to you!

Another Fatone
on 9/18/13 9:25 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi

Enjoy the ride.

Nothing goes as planned. Not to worry.

I was lucky. My wife and granddaughter stayed with me in the hospital for the 2 nights.

I was pretty doped up on the pain killers. However did not have much pain.

Good Luck to you.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

jaesueray
on 9/18/13 10:16 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

I just had my surgery on the 4th, everything will be fine and you will be here

on the losers bench in no time. We are saving space for ya!

Jan

KellyC210
on 9/18/13 11:13 pm - SC

Good luck! Prayers and positive energy your way!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Jewelsstevens
on 9/18/13 11:24 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

I took my own pillow. I rested better on it and I also held it to my stomach on the ride home. It was a lifesaver for me :)

I took my own loose robe for walking. But, that was not a necessity. I am glad I did, though. I didn't tie it, but it covered my arse ; - )

PetHairMagnet
on 9/18/13 11:38 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Best wishes to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/13 1:38 am - NV

great vibes and well wishes for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery... woohoooo!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics