Insure Nutrition

LadyLilMax
on 9/20/13 10:08 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Ok, so some very smart folks on here have some really good questions about this company and I am starting to wonder myself.  

Has anyone been approved and is anyone using this company for protein drinks and or bariatric vitamins?

It is actually Loyola Pharmacy out of L.A., CA.  They are a compounding part of CVS, apparently for that region.

I could not find any complaints against them anywhere but that doesn't mean a lot.

So... if anyone has any experience with this company, good or bad, please share it so the rest of us who are thinking about using them will know.

Thanks!

It is not Ensure... the website is Insure Nutrition as in they will insure your nutrition.  They have several different kinds of  protein drinks to choose from.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Nurseratchet26
on 9/23/13 7:15 am - VA

I filled out the info request page yesterday and got a call back today. It seems my insurance (Tricare) doesn't cover protein drinks unless you are on a feeding tube or something. They do however cover a scar cream that this pharmacy has. The gentleman I spoke to said they would fax a prescription request to my dr. and after she sent it back they would send the scar cream along with a case of premier protein and some bariatric vitamins at no extra charge. I'm assuming they jack up the cost of the scar cream to make up for the other stuff. We shall see if anything comes of it. I sure hope so! I also would be interested to hear from anyone who has received anything from this.

Tammy

LadyLilMax
on 9/23/13 11:49 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

It is legit.  I cannot believe Express Scripts will pay for scar cream but not for some of my other needed meds, LOL.  No rhyme or reason.

I chose not to get it but I am satisfied that they are a good company.

The rep I spoke with is named Josh and he said they would never try to recoup the price of the medication if for some reason the insurance did not pay for it.  He also said they would send a written guarantee that there would never be any cost out of pocket to the subscriber for any of this.

Good luck.  I think it work out fine for you.  Gosh, they ship it FedEx and so it only takes a day or two to get it if you are in West.  

Let us know how it goes.  Especially the scar cream!  

I think they are just very clever and very entrepreneurial to think of this.  I am sure they are getting hammered with all the new regs from Obamacare.   

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
Recent Topics