What to expect at 1 week post-op appt?

proudmami135
on 9/20/13 1:50 pm - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

I see the surgeon Monday morning. I know I'm getting my staples and drain out (thank god!) What else normally happens at 1 week post-op appt? 

Bibo
on 9/20/13 1:58 pm

I did not have staples or a drain. At my post op the nurse checked in with me to make sure I could get my fluids in, and understood the diet situation, and vitamins were working. Got weighed. Doctor checked the incision site. Checked in with the NUT, I think I turned in my food logs to her but I don't remember for sure. They said did I have any questions. Noted if any of my medication had been changed since discharge...like some people are off insulin, like that. Pretty straight forward. I was starting to have trouble with extra acid in my stomach so I was switched from prevacid to protonix, but that is a pretty rare thing, and probably had to do with some medication I was taking (niacin) which aggravated my pouch.  Glad you made it through the first week!

Bibo
on 9/20/13 1:59 pm

I meant to say that I was swallowing my vitamins ok and taking them regular

cajungirl
on 9/20/13 2:05 pm

My surgeon checked my incisions and removed the steri-strips that hadn't fallen off yet. My vitals we're check along with weighing. He then discussed how thing were going with recovery and discussed the next eating choices. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics