From liquids to softs

omiomezzo
on 10/2/13 3:08 am, edited 10/2/13 3:17 am
RNY on 09/19/13

So today I had my 2 week follow-up.  I am down 21 pounds since the day of surgery and my blood pressure was 116/62!!!  That is the lowest it's been in YEARS!!  Today I and was given the go ahead to begin eating real foods!!!  Hallelujah!  The list I was given moves directly from liquids to soft foods....no purees in between.  Has anyone else's plan done this?  I just had 2oz of three bean chili with a little cheese sprinkled in, and it seemed to go down fine.  This weeks food list adds cottage cheese, eggs and cooked veggies.  Next week fish, followed by chicken and then pork and beef.

367 (HW)       357 (SW)          180 (GW)

cajungirl
on 10/2/13 3:37 am

Plans vary so much.  I went from 7 days of liquids to any lean meat and green leafy veggie I could handle on day 8.  Don't worry about the different stages of others, be blessed you can eat real food :).

My only suggestion is add only ONE new food at a time (or maybe just 1 per day) to see how you react to it so if you do have discomfort you can pinpoint what caused it.

Kudos on the weight loss, you are doing fantastic.  Now should you not lose any this week, breathe and don't stress about (I know not easy) it's fairly normal to hit a no weight loss week at week 3 or 4.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

scoobyluvr1
on 10/2/13 3:57 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Your off to a bangin start!    Good for you.  I'm glad your post up follow up went so well.  

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Most Active
Recent Topics