6 days post op. some saying they already can eat 1/2 cups of food.

bsouder2210
on 10/6/13 3:54 am

I am no where near 1/2 cups of food. thats 4 oz. I am lucky to eat 2 oz for my "meals" and I still struggle to get all my water for the day. Should I be concerned? I have contributed this to my stomach swelling more that normal. it is getting better day by day but I dont see 4 oz anywhere in the near future. Now I hear what others can do and I am concerned. is it normal to only have 2 oz 3 times a day at 6 days post op? Every day I get a bit more, and my diet book says by the end of week to I should have 2 oz 5 times a day but 1/2 a cup... I cant imagine!

bsouder2210
on 10/6/13 3:54 am

oh, and I am on full liquids right now.

NadiaM
on 10/6/13 4:08 am
Lol I guess that "some say" would be me!

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you... Just like you said you were swollen. On top of it, you are able to get in a little more each day which is positive progress.

Keep it up!

Nadia
cajungirl
on 10/6/13 4:50 am, edited 10/6/13 11:46 am
Don't worry about what others can eat. Follow your plan, your pouch may have been made smaller than someone else's. That early out I was eating 1/2 oz at a time my surgeon makes very small pouches. I still believe it's one reason my intake is small compared to others further out. I fill up quickly. This is one reason I do try to eat snacks in addition to meals.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

bsouder2210
on 10/6/13 5:45 am

ok good. I feel the same way. thank you!

Ceithlenn
on 10/6/13 6:13 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I wouldn't worry, I am almost 5 weeks out and only eating 2 to 3 oz depending on the food type. I can sometimes do a 1/2 cup of a slider type item like greek yogurt.

Good Luck!

Ms_Silly
on 10/6/13 8:41 am
No worries, I was suppose to only have 2 ounces the first 2 weeks. I'm 7 weeks out and can have up to 4oz but most of the time fall a little short of that. The way I look at it is to not force yourself, first of all you don't want to get sick, but also because if you were eating that much already at 6 days out, how much would you be able to eat in a couple months out? I don't want to stretch my stomach too much. My dietitian told me that my goal should be to stay 8oz and under forever. She also stresses 3 meals and 3 snacks daily. Just listen to your body for now. Forcing makes for miserable times. I know you are wanting things to feel a little bit more normal, and they will soon. As far as water and fluid go, it's still a challenge for me. We just gotta keep working on it
JustCK
on 10/6/13 12:58 pm

Wow, I'm worried that I'm eating too much! I can have two 3 ounces of protein shake a day, 2 oz of yogurt, and usually another couple ounces of soup or so. I'm kind of wondering if I actually had surgery since I can eat so much lol

Misty Morgan
on 10/6/13 1:45 pm - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
Don't worry! We are all different and each of us have different plans with out bariatric team.

I am able to now eat 4 oz but I am five months out. I promise you that there are days I don't finish that though. And at six days out I could barely get down liquids. Word of advice, don't compare yourself to others - with what you can't/can't eat, how much you can eat, and how much or how fast you have lost weight! We are all unique!

Stacyjanp
on 10/7/13 4:29 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

I am 7 days out and can't do much more than 2-3 ounces at a time.

I can do a bit more if it is warm.

Really tough getting liquids down unless it is nice warm herbal tea.

We are all different, listen to your body.

Still on full liquids until the 15th.

Funny how a can of healthy choice soup lasts almost a week.

Hang in there.

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

Most Active
Recent Topics