Pre-op diet

cjd3161
on 10/14/13 7:13 am - TX

I'm doing my pre-op diet for my procedure that I'm having next Monday and I guess I'm a little confused as to what I can have.  My doc says anything that will fit through a straw I can have, with the exception of course I can't have milkshakes.  He said I can have soups, anything that is not "chunky".  What are some of the things that you guys had that week?  So far I've just had 2 of my protein shakes and crystal light and I'm starving!!!  Got a headache too.  I think I'll die this week from starvation and they won't have to do the procedure.  LOL  I think what I'm doing is confusing the week before with the week after.......HELP!!!  I'm so hungry!

Cathy

angeleigh
on 10/14/13 7:23 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ohh I had to do 5 shakes a day. But lets see Broths, cream soups, any of the drinkable soups I think they are called soups at hand or something like that. Jello, Pudding, Popsicles, Italian Ice, yogurt. Drink a lot of water, chew gum, eat hard candy anything to keep your mind off of it.

I know for mine i had to watch calories, and carbs. So I did 4-5 shakes a day and carb master yogurt from Kroger,  Italian Ice, pudding, and popsicles. You can buy the Carnation breakfast packs to and mix those with milk. Slim fast has a low carb shake, and so does atkins I believe.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/70791025365330483/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/70791025365330754/

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

sonyamarie75
on 10/14/13 9:00 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I could have thinned cream of wheat. I had cream of mushroom and cream of tomato soup about everyday... I could also have yogurt and pudding (sugar free) although they wouldn't fit your criteria of going through a straw. Oh, jello, and lots of sugar free popsicles. 

It gets better. The first 2-3 days are the hardest. I promise. I was so hungry I could have chewed my own arm off. It goes away though. Its like your body knows you are not going to give in so it gives up... :) Hang in there!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

cjd3161
on 10/15/13 1:05 am - TX

Too funny, I love the comment about chewing your own arm off!!  That is exactly how I feel right now.  For some reason I have it in my mind that I could not have jello but I'm going to call my doc back and see, that would make it so better.  Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Cathy

baepage
on 10/14/13 9:17 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I think the pre op diet is the hardest part of this surgery, but just know that it will all be worth it.

I was doing 3 protein shakes a day, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, lowfat yogurt, chicken and beef broth.  Those are all I was allowed to have for 2 week before surgery, and then had to have them for 2 weeks after surgery.  Good luck!!!

Barbara

Most Active
Recent Topics