OMG Horrible

cjd3161
on 10/15/13 2:20 am - TX

I got my vitamins through Baratric Advantage and so far the ones I got are about to gag me.  I can hardly stand to chew them.  The ones I'm having a hard time with are the Multi vitamin and the Calcium.  I know now that I should have gotten the "chewy" calicum.  The ones that I have tried are much better and actually I thought that was what I was getting when I talked to the guy over the phone.  I had no clue what all to get and he was "supposed" to know what I needed by me telling him the procedure I was having.  Can anyone recommend a better chewable multi vitamin and maybe one that isn't so expensive?   

kinny09
on 10/15/13 2:23 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Centrum Silver 50+, but most pharmacies have the same store brand version, I know Walgreens does, that would be your best bet. They have both chewable and pills you can swallow. Are you unable to swallow pills? Calcium wise I have liked Bariatric Advantage Chewy bites Caramel (the 500mg ones, not the 250mg) and you only need 3 a day minimum for 1,500mg. They are pricey though which is why I switched to ones that I can swallow instead, I buy Celebrates calcium.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

TurnThePage
on 10/15/13 2:26 am
TurnThePage
on 10/15/13 2:27 am

Always try to get samples before you buy.  Most bariatric suppliers offer them.

BA may offer you a refund. Check the website to see the various types of supplements they have and the type of procedure they are for. The Calcium chewy bites are quite good. I use the chocolate and caramel as my daily treats.

You might also try the Celebrate brand.

Next time, use a less hysterical heading please. It leads people to believe something is seriously ailing you, not just that a vitamin tasted bad to you.  It detracts from posts where people need serious help. Thanks.

cjd3161
on 10/15/13 4:58 am - TX

Sorry I apologize for the heading, won't happen again.

TurnThePage
on 10/15/13 5:41 am

That's okay. It was just a suggestion. Sometimes people are in trouble and need to go to the ER and we don't want to miss those.  I can empathize with the flavor of the vitamins though!  LOL Similar problems here.

Jewelsstevens
on 10/15/13 7:43 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Yeah, their multi vitamin tastes horrid. Thank God I swallow mine now :)

PetHairMagnet
on 10/15/13 10:14 am
RNY on 05/13/13

All of mine except B-12, A and D are from Celebrate and my husband and I love them. LOVE them! He buys mostly orange, I buy mostly grape. There are other flavors, too. You can get a sample pack for 2 or 3$ and try them before you buy whole bottles.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

noway2
on 10/15/13 9:30 pm
RNY on 09/26/13

I bought mine through Amazon, which has product reviews that helped me to decide which ones I wanted.  I was given about 2/3 of a (big) bottle of BA calcium citrate in cinnamon which is a little dry and strong flavored but otherwise not too bad,  I take the Centrum adult chewable and Vitafusion D3.

Most Active
Recent Topics