OT:commercial

LadyLilMax
on 10/20/13 1:02 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

I just caught a glimpse of a commercial that made me smile so much.  I am not even sure what it is for but they showed women shopping for jeans and the sizes were things like:

sassy, adorable or some such thing.  And they said: wouldn't you like to be one of these sizes? And I said to the tv, YES, yes I would like to be size Sassy!  And somedays size Excited and somedays size Fun!  And now I am all those sizes, yay me!

Now  that was Wonderful advertising.  Maybe it was for a diet company or something but they kinda made fun of sizes and talked about healthy and gave sizes cute names.  LOVED it. 

Anyhoo..... since I just bought some new clothes and the sizes were all over the place from small to size xl in shirts depending on brand and pants from 5 to 7/8.  Yet some medium pants still fit fine!  So what is in a size?  Nothing really.  How do I feel?  Am I continuing to get healthy?  How do I think I look? How does my hubby think I look(he still calls me his bride, he is head over heels in love with me, spoils me rotten and I am one lucky duck. He has loved me through thick and now he gets thin, LOL)

I love my RNY and the opportunities it has given me.  Hubby and I are retired but we are regenerated, refreshed, getting rebooted and still have lots of years of fun/living ahead of us, God willing.  He lost 30 lbs just from my feeding him healthily and he looks and feels terrific.  Stronger than most men 20 years his junior!  

Good luck to all those just starting on this journey.  I am in awe that it is already 10 months out for me and all the changes which came so quickly!  It is SO WORTH IT!   I  committed to it and live by the rules.  Well, ok, I am size mostly Sassy so once in a while I break the rules but I go right back cuz that is what feels good and makes me happy now!  LOL

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Member Services
on 10/20/13 1:39 am - Irvine, CA

angeleigh
on 10/20/13 2:25 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

LadyLilMax
on 10/20/13 2:31 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

LOL, thanks!  It just makes me smile!  Appreciate you sharing it so others can get a kick out of it!

Missella20
on 10/20/13 2:36 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Ha ha. I can't wait to be size Sassy!  Thanks!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

LadyLilMax
on 10/20/13 2:40 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

I am excited for you and you may be size Radiant now but if Sassy is what you want ... you are on the right track!

JaneJetson60
on 10/20/13 2:58 am
RNY on 05/07/12

I  think I am somewhere between cute and awesome on my clothes.  kiss  Jane

osubuxfan
on 10/20/13 2:52 am - Rome, GA

Love that!! Sign me up for Sassy!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/20/13 3:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I know the exact commercial you mean, and I do like it.

As far as sizes, it is crazy! Even with the same makers things vary SO MUCH! I now wear a 38C bra. I should be able to walk in any store, any place and buy a 38C and have it be the same as any bra anywhere else. Right? NOPE!

Even Bali, which my new favorite bra is from, I can't always wear a 38C if it is a different type/design.

It is INCHES plus a mathematical cup size. WHY ARE THERE VARIANCES!? And jeans...do NOT get me started. I wear a CK size 14 skinny jean and a Talbots size 14 curvy or signature fit but a 16 curvy Levi and another brand I can barely get closed at 18. Egad! 

Total crap shoot on the sizes! But I do find if they say a size/waist the fit is more consistent.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

angeleigh
on 10/20/13 7:02 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

OHH i know I went to good will and got a few pairs of name brand jeans. CK ones are a size 6, Michael kors is a size 10, Banana republic is a size 4, Gap is a size 8, and American eagle is a 8.

For bras I tend to wear a 34d or 36c depending on how the cup fits. here is a good guide for finding your "right bra size" http://www.epbot.com/2013/04/everything-you-never-knew-you-n eeded-to.html 

http://brasandbodyimage.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/putting-you r-bra-on-properly/

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics