A little over a year out =) Pics

a_better_life81
on 10/21/13 4:05 am - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12

Well, I missed my one year on here because I was busy getting married  that weekend =)

I have lost about 140 lbs, this year since my RNY. I am crazy busy with life. I go to the Y 4 days a week. I go hiking, and have taken vacations that require tons of walking and I don't worry about getting to tired, over heated or not fitting in the seats. I have been told that I am too skinny, been called tiny, been called an inspiration.. ME??? I can't believe they are referring to me!

I used to map out my route out of the restaurant so I wouldn't risk bumping into people or having to ask someone to scoot in and let me by, now, I just get up and leave with out a second thought. It's very nice. I am working on body image issues right now. I still try to fit into the 12/14 pants at the store even though I know I am a 6-10 depending on who makes them. I even own a size 4 skirt.. WHAT???

Its not been all roses, I do have an ulcer I struggle with now and then. My fault for not taking my Prilosec like I should have!! My B12 levels were very, very dangerously low. I have had to have those checked and watched closely. I am happy with my weight loss, my overall health, my life and my progress. I would do it all again tomorrow. Even with all the struggles and concerns. 

The first pic is my one year pic. Down about 140.  The second was taken 3 days after my 1 year anniv. On my wedding day July 27th  That is a size 6 wedding gown... from a 24 size jeans, one year ago!  There are before pics on my page.. but Ill post one here too so  you can see the changes 

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/13 4:07 am

Wow you look great.Thank you for posting.You look beautiful in your gown.

Take care

Susan

Kenyatta W.
on 10/21/13 4:08 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

You look amazing!!! Beautiful bride! Congrats on the wedding! Keep up the great work!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

gtrdyfor50
on 10/21/13 5:56 am
RNY on 10/08/13
You look so pretty and happy!

Michele1az
on 10/21/13 6:17 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with

WOW! I want to be you in a year. I am 8 weeks out and 40 lbs down. Send me your secrets to making this work.

Michele

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

curvywriter
on 10/21/13 6:20 am - CA
RNY on 05/13/13

Congrats!  You look amazing and I love your hair!

averybyrd
on 10/21/13 6:42 am

You look beautiful!

PetHairMagnet
on 10/21/13 7:30 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Super awesome update!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/13 7:47 am

Wow! You look beautiful! Congratulations! Post more. As a pre-op (revision from band to RNY) your post was incredibly, inspiring. Not as much the size, but how active and happy you are. I'm doing this to get rid of the band and to live an active, healthy life. Thank you for posting.

Sack
on 10/21/13 7:55 am
You look happy and beautiful! Congratulations on your wedding.

RNY    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views