So very confused.

cjd3161
on 10/26/13 8:51 am - TX
I've read so many posts on dumping that I'm very confused. So what I'm seeing (correct me if I'm wrong) is "sugar " is what usually causes dumping. As far as carbs this can be a cause too? I'm not to intelligent when it comes to this sort of thing so please help. What are complex carbs?? Is that what I need to watch out for along with sugar, I wish I had a list of foods to "not" eat to prevent dumping.
poet_kelly
on 10/26/13 9:00 am - OH

Simple carbs are more likely to be a problem than complex carbs.

Avoid foods high in sugar, especially foods high in sucrose or table sugar.  Things like milk and fruit have natural sugars, but are less likely to cause dumping than things like candy or cookies.

Avoid or limit "starchy" foods like white bread, white rice, white pasta, potato chips or pretzels.  Complex carbs like whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, or brown rice are less likely to cause problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cjd3161
on 10/26/13 9:46 am - TX
Awesome that is much easier to understand thank you for your help!!
leslie14
on 10/26/13 10:03 am

My nutritionist said some people dump on high fat or super rich foods too. I'm not far enough along to have tried anything that might cause it, and hope to hold off for a long time!

Surgery 10/1/2013  

Most Active
Recent Topics