11 months post op. feeling sick after meals.

Jules0225
on 10/27/13 9:51 am
So I've noticed for the last week every time I eat I just feel really crappy afterwards. Like I just had a 4oz grilled steak and steamed green beans and I feel fatigued and nauseas. I definitely don't feel stuffed or like I even remotely ate too much. I also have some pain and discomfort around my abdomen (various spots mid/lower abdomen to the left and right of my belly button). On a scale of 1-10 it's prob like a 2 so nothing excruciating and it comes and goes. Going to call my PCP tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone had an idea if what this could be.

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

poet_kelly
on 10/27/13 10:32 am - OH

Does it happen after everything you eat?  No pattern of happening after just certain foods?

It could be a lot of things.  Maybe an ulcer.  It's hard to say. 

Until you get in with the PCP, I would try eating really lightly.  Like, if you just eat 1/2 cup of yogurt, do you still feel crappy?  Or if you drink half a protein shake?  If you can tolerate things like that better, then I'd eat like that, just eat every couple hours so you don't feel like you're starving and you get enough protein in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jules0225
on 10/27/13 11:33 am
Not with light things like yogurt and it passes in about 20-30 minutes. Like I'm totally fine now. Previously if I ate a lot of carbs or sugars I would feel really crappy but the last 7-8 days its every actual meal. I thought my poch might be grumpy so I've been switching up my food to see but that didn't help. If I just eat like like some yogurt and cheese or fruit I'm fine.

I also think I'm starting to give myself anxiety. Whenever something feels the slightest bit off in the back of my mi d I find myself thinking about possible complications. Recently I've been reading posts on things like bowel obstructions and people ending up in the ICU months or even years after surgery and I think I'm becoming paranoid. When this happens I find that I have to remind myself I'm not actually showing symptoms of any of these things and to relax. I think this in part stems from when I first started my journey, like literally the day after I saw my PCP and registered for the info seminar, I fainted in Walmart (my PCP put me on hctz and I didn't realize it was a diuretic and was dehydrated****ep flashing back to that moment and how terrifying it was. Clearly I need to go talk to either my PCP or psychologist about this but I just needed to vent in hopes maybe you or someone *****ads this will understand. I tried talking to my bf about this (tonight over dinner actually) and he just doesn't understand in part because I'm not doing a great job explaining it and also he's never had health issues or obesity issues or anything (sans a bad knee) and that's completely ok. He's just frustrated because he doesn't know how to console me. Anyway, thank you Kelly and anyone else who may read this, for listening.

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

brenlee1965
on 10/28/13 12:24 am - New Berlin, NY
If it's not with ALL foods....It could be that you cannot tolerate beef. I don't tolerate it good. Get the same feeling. Good Luck.
kisersassy
on 10/29/13 9:44 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
Could it be your gallbladder?
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 337 views