Question on Iron

cjd3161
on 10/30/13 6:13 am - TX
I read in my pamphlet from my doc to cut the iron up in 2 to 3 pieces so it will be absorbed better and cause less complications anyone else heard this?

Cj

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 6:15 am - OH

No.  It will not help with absorption and I don't know what complications it would help prevent.  What kinds of complications is your doc talking about?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cjd3161
on 10/30/13 6:18 am - TX
The paperwork referenced constipation, I also know that some iron is hard on the stomach, I've always been iron deficient and had to take iron that was easier on the stomach.

Cj

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 6:21 am - OH

I don't know how cutting the iron into pieces would prevent it from causing constipation.

What type of iron are you using?  Carbonyl usually doesn't cause constipation, and it's a good choice for us anyway since it's absorbed well without much stomach acid.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chulbert
on 10/30/13 6:26 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Maybe the implication is that you'd take 1/3 of a doze at 3 different times?  No idea...

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 6:27 am - OH

I don't see how that would prevent constipation.  It would, however, make it more challenging to get your calcium in, since it needs to be taken three or four times a day at least two hours away from iron.

cjd3161
on 10/30/13 8:06 am - TX
No idea was just a question I'll just chew it as I've always done thanks. Like I said I read it in some paperwork I was given. You see so many different things in regards to RNY it's very confusing, no matter what the subject is. Appreciate the replies thank you.

Cj

Most Active
Recent Topics