Is It Me? (Pics)

Karen R.
on 10/26/13 4:39 am
RNY on 04/14/13

I just got back from a really great vacation (which I've written about on my blog, if anyone is interested).  The trip wasn't only a success from a fun perspective, but from a weight loss one.  I lost six pounds in 11 days, which I don't really understand because I ate very loosely (I didn't overindulge from a calorie perspective, but I definitely didn't eat protein forward, nor did I reject carbs or wine), and my exercise opportunities were limited.

Anyway--I'm 28 weeks out from surgery and I've lost 85 lbs.  I'm 27 lbs away from my initial goal (though I'm thinking, depending upon how I look when I get there, I may want to come down 5-10 lbs below that so I have a little cushion).  My clothing size feels like it's dropping daily.  I started at a tight size 20 and now I'm buying size 8 (and in some cases, size 6).  I've lost a total of 70 inches from my bust, waist, abdomen, hips, thigh and bicep.

But the thing is...this doesn't feel real to me.  I keep thinking there's some kind of mistake--like I'm looking at the scale wrong or the only reason I can wear these smaller sizes is because they're cut weirdly or are oversized.  I look in the mirror and shake my head and mutter, "Weird" when I look at myself. 

I'm happy.  Honestly, I am.  But I don't trust it.  I feel like someone is playing a trick on me.

Is this a natural part of the process?  Will I get more...confident (for want of a better word)?  Does anyone else feel this way?

Here are pics as proof:

(Above) Before at 237 lbs.  

Now at 152 lbs.    

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

baepage
on 10/26/13 4:47 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

Wow!!!  You look amazing.  You look like a younger person.  Congrats angry

Barbara

Karen R.
on 10/26/13 4:56 am
RNY on 04/14/13

Thanks, hon!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

leslie14
on 10/26/13 5:03 am

You look great! I'm only 3 weeks out ,but down 30 lbs. I totally get what you're talking about on not quite believing your progress!!! I'm guessing its from so many failed attempts before. 

Surgery 10/1/2013  

Brenda L.
on 10/26/13 5:16 am - Raleigh, NC

You look great and look so much younger...congratulations!

Brendini                                                              
Justcallmesuz
on 10/26/13 6:07 am, edited 10/26/13 6:09 am
RNY on 05/08/13

You look amazing! I understand how you feel. I'm afraid I will wake up one day and be back at 278 pounds!! I just have to remind myself that I'm in control of this journey. No one can sabotage it, but me.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

cjd3161
on 10/26/13 6:08 am - TX
Amazing!!!!! You look great, mind if I ask a question?? Do you have much loose skin? I'm so worried about that. I had my procedure this past Monday went in weighing 209 left weighing 215 what's up with that???? Congratulations on your success!!!!!!
PetHairMagnet
on 10/26/13 6:11 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Awesome changes!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

The Salty Hag
on 10/26/13 6:52 am
RNY on 05/20/13
You look great!! You look like someone who was never obese to begin with. Wow!

I know exactly how you feel about perceiving the weight loss. I don't see a 90 lb ( from my highest weight ) loss. I see mayyyybe 30 lbs. gone. My daughter took a picture of me this week and I compared it to a picture of myself last year...and I think I look almost the same.
I also feel like I'm going to wake up one morning and be my pre-op weight...like this whole process has been one long, amazing dream.
I catch myself thinking "Nuhh-uh!! There is NO way I'm 90 lbs down!! "

I am hoping it's a normal part of the process....otherwise, methinks I'd better go see the psychologist again!

Congrats again, Karen. You have done an OUTSTANDING job!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Melanie C.
on 10/26/13 7:44 am

You look great!!! I love your hair!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?