Stall help?

Melpear
on 10/27/13 10:25 am - Lawton, OK

I had my surgery on sept 3rd I lost whatever my tracker says. I have been stuck here for over 3 weeks and I am getting nervous how long can stalls last and how can i jump start my body back into weight loss? I lose 3 lbs then i stall for a few days then I lose 3 and stall for a few days and so on.....I need advice and help please

karin602
on 10/27/13 10:32 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Your body will do whatever it wants!  You're doing a great job with the loss - nearly 30 pounds is great start.  Keep on following your rules, get in some exercise and drink, drink, drink - water, tea, etc.  I find when I get 80 ounces in I show a bigger loss.  

Karin

poet_kelly
on 10/27/13 10:33 am - OH

A true stall is when you don't lose anything for at least a month.  You don't need to do anything to jump start your body back into weight loss at this point.  Just stick to your plan.  I promise you are gonna start losing again and you will lose a lot more weight.  If this is making you really anxious, stay off the scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 10/27/13 10:49 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Stay off the scale.

I weigh once a week and with the exception on 1 time in 36 weeks I have lost at least something!

Better perspective.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Melpear
on 10/27/13 10:49 am - Lawton, OK

OKay thank you ladies. yea this whole thing is wreaking havoc on my nerves. I am so worried im doing something wrong....

And I have a planet fitness membership and husband and I go monday wed friday from 9-11 pm and we do a mile on treadmill leg compressions stretches. bicept curls tricept curls butterfly something or others lol weight lifting bench pressing and some other stuff with weights... Its a lot and I am sore sore sore, I have not started on my core yet because my dr hadnt givin me the all clear yet but im doing everyhting else that I can and I do have a hard time gettin the fluid in I feel like I am drinking more than breathing lol BUt thanks for the support and advice.

NDHM
on 10/27/13 11:03 am
It took me from august 8th until last Monday to lose 10 pounds & I'm 7 or 8 months out. From Monday until Friday I lost 4 pounds. I'm calling what I did a stall. It was very frustrating, but as long as you are following your plan, you will come out happy on the other end
brenlee1965
on 10/28/13 12:21 am - New Berlin, NY
I agree that Drink, drink, drink is the key. The more protein the better too. Good choice to start working out, too.

I am at a stall at this time and it's been awhile.....worrying about stalls just makes it worse, I think. I just cannot believe this is is (even after 1 year), so I just keep paying attention to what goes In and what seems to help.

Good luck on your journey!

Bren
laura343
on 10/28/13 4:09 am

i had a stall at my 6 weeks post op and i didn't lose not a pound for almost a month.  i am finally starting to see the scale move again.  it sucks but hang in there!!!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views