Head playing tricks

semitchell1972
on 10/30/13 8:43 pm

I have been craving sweets lately. My kids still eat the candy, cakes, cookies, etc that I used to eat all the time. My head keeps telling me that one bite will be okay. I know that at this point I can't do it. I don't even want to do it, but I feel tempted all the time. I know that for me I have to tell on myself and my crazy thinking or I will do exactly what I should not do. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!

Lora R.
on 10/30/13 8:54 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Granted I am not as far out from surgery as you are, but when I see something I think I want, I ask myself will it make me sick?  If the answer is even close to yes, I walk away.  I have been released to regular foods now, and have a hard time trying "new" things.  Enjoy the costumes and Happy Halloween :)

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

PetHairMagnet
on 10/30/13 9:41 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I had never have been a sweets person. I am a savory person. But now, when I am about to start my period, I crave chocolate LIKE MAD. So I tend to have a chocolate protein shake 3x a day on those days. :)  But craving the candy and cakes and such...not a problem for me so far. 

When I have thought I might be tempted to nibble here and there I put sugarless gum in my mouth so I am chewing and can't really put anything else in there. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 10:34 pm - OH

How old are your kids?  If they are small enough that you are the one buying them the sweets, what if you stopped buying sweets for them?  If they are old enough to buy their own sweets, then they are old enough that you can ask them not to eat them in front of you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

semitchell1972
on 10/31/13 1:09 am

My husband is the one buying the sweets for the kids. I am hoping that since he just found out that he is diabetic that it will now stop. I am working on finding ways to make bariatric friendly deserts. That way no one will feel deprived. My kids range from 3 to 16 so some of them are buying their own. Thank you for the suggestions. I have a lot of respect for you and always love to hear what you have to say.

Ocalasam
on 10/30/13 10:36 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Holidays are challenging!  I used to eat a lot of my kids' halloween candy.  If you are like me. . . and you are an all or nothing person and one piece of candy quickly equals 10, I would abstain.  I buy candy that I don't like to pass out and when the kids bring their candy home (and they are not that into candy anyway), I let them pick a few they really like and then I get rid of it as soon as possible.  It's only just begin with the holiday feasting. . . .

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 10:55 pm

I think it is almost habit. Like you feel fine.But we are so used to popping a piece of candy in our mouths. I found myself just out of habit doing that.So there are so many things I have to change.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 355 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views