Puree stage

tracy71
on 11/4/13 3:31 am
I am 12 days post op I can have yogurt, applesauce, cottage chz, and mashed potatoes wondering when chz and pb comes in its not on my list but aren't these good sources of protein?
poet_kelly
on 11/4/13 3:37 am - OH

I don't see why you couldn't have melted cheese, like on your mashed potatoes or on refried beans, now.  Peanut butter is kind of high in fat so you probably don't want to eat a lot of it yet but in small amounts, I don't know why you couldn't have it now, either.  Anything the consistency of applesauce is a pureed food.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/4/13 4:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My personal advice is to avoid mashed potatoes. They are not a source of protein and lead you to 'carbville' and are not going to help with protein or loss, IMO.

If you are craving PB, you might want to look at PB2 and either mix it in foods or make a small batch at a time (it is only good for 24 hours once mixed with water).

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 354 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 332 views