OT: Great healthy dessert blog

LadyLilMax
on 11/5/13 9:35 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Hi there and good morning,

For all those far enough along, I highly recommend a wonderful blog called: Chocolate Covered Katie. She makes very healthy desserts and gives all the nutritional stats.  I love her blog.  A lot of her stuff is WLS friendly or can be converted easily to WLS friendly.  The stuff that cannot, I leave alone.

She is also on pinterest under another name and loves for her recipes to be pinned. 

I will always love my "sweets" and desserts" so it has been my goal and mission to find healthy ways to have them.

Her blog is yet another tool for me on my never ending journey towards healthy eating, loving life and my ongoing love affair with food.  There I said it!  I LOVE food especially desserts, LOL.  But that is just me.  

Check her out if you want or don't if desserts do not figure into YOUR new way of eating, living etc.  It works out fine in mine. 

We all get to make choices as to how to use these tools and how to live the rest of our now thinner lives. 

What works for me might not be good for you so..... newbies... be aware of that. 

As I told my darling hubby, in another life, I would be the one enrolled in pastry/dessert  cooking school!  Never have read main dish or side dish recipes.  Hmmm.... no wonder I was MO!  What freedom to learn to cook and eat healthily to include all foods.  Yay RNY!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

PetHairMagnet
on 11/5/13 10:03 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Awesome--I will give that a try! I need to have some things to rotate through several upcoming holiday events where I have volunteered to bring dessert, guaranteeing me something I can eat from those choices. I have been doing a lot of pumpkin spice 'cheesecake' lately and it is low cal + protein packed. My 18 year old son LOVES it, so that gives me the 'non-bariatric tongue of approval' :)

TFS!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

LadyLilMax
on 11/5/13 10:51 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Now that cheesecake sounds really good! She has a pumpkin spice frappe she makes that sounds perfectly  yummy.  I am gonna try it today.

High today will be 72.. oh yeah baby, I live in sunny AZ! 

LadyLilMax
on 11/5/13 10:52 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

LOL on NBTA, non bariatric tongue of approval.  Love it

Most Active
Recent Topics