Purée ideas!

BigTMoe
on 11/15/13 8:09 am

OK everyone-- I need your BEST IDEAS for what got you through the purée portion of your post op!  I am just starting and you guys are my go-to!  Today I had soft scrambled eggs and they tasted heavenly...  I am looking for protein forward, taste, and ease of preparation!  

BigTMoe

poet_kelly
on 11/15/13 8:11 am - OH

Refried beans with cheddar cheese and taco sauce.  Ricotta cheese with marinara sauce and grated parmesan - nuke it and it tastes like lasagna with no noodles.  Greek yogurt with sugar free cheesecake pudding mix stirred in and a little spenda - tastes like cheesecake.  Add no sugar added preserves if you want strawberry cheesecake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lora R.
on 11/15/13 9:27 am
RNY on 09/12/13

Wendy's chili put thru the blender.  Looks gross, but tasted so heavenly.  Good Luck!

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

MrsLitch
on 11/15/13 9:53 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

My favorite was a cooked steak on the grill smothered in garlic and put in the ninja with some beef broth if it's too dry. mmmm garlic steak!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cheryl N.
on 11/16/13 12:36 am - Des Moines, WA

Canned chicken breast, some mashed potatoes, some gravy, and puree them.  YUM!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

RNY on 10/21/13

Cottage cheese with a little bit of dry ranch dip mix! Yummo!

Fat-free Greek yogurt with a little bit of sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix and Splenda. Don't use too much or you'll get a weird texture. 

Ricotta cheese mixed with vanilla extract and Splenda. 

Ricotta, Parmesan, Italian seasonings blended together and baked with reduced sugar pasta sauce, topped with mozzarella. 

FF refried beans, shredded cheese, FF sour cream & hot sauce. 

Blended chicken or tuna salad with low-fat mayo or Greek yogurt. 

Chili - haven't tried Wendy's but bought several cans from Steak and Shake. 

Buffalo chicken spread (do a search on this site).

I recommend you check out Bariatic Foodie and World According to Eggface...you'll find a lot of recipes that you can adapt. 

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 7:49 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Thankfully, my surgeon does not do puree foods. He says they are gross and unappealing and that he'd rather see soft foods longer than put anyone through puree. I about hugged him at that one!

Personally, I'd ask if I could skip puree and just stay on soft foods longer. If you really are chewing your food until it is thick liquid in your mouth, there is no point of puree. Which I agree with my surgeon, is gross and unappealing. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics