How do I know if I am full?

BigTMoe
on 11/15/13 4:39 am

I am 8 days post op and today had my first purée food- soft scramble egg.  I've spent the last 7 days on liquids, so the egg tasted really good- it was hard to eat slow.  I've followed the guidelines and allowed myself to eat 3 of the medicine cups they give you, but never felt anything from my stomach-- aren't I supposed to be able to feel it?  They said to only eat 2-3 of the cups.  After two, I waited a bit and then still felt hungry so I allowed myself one more.  

Is something wrong?

saterry
on 11/15/13 4:56 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

The nerves have been cut to your stomach tissue and it takes a while for tissue regeneration to occur.

This is why it is sooo important to measure and follow our plan.

That full feeling will come soon enough......

Congrats on your new life !!

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

BigTMoe
on 11/15/13 5:04 am

Ok- I'll just stick to the program!  I was worried that I wouldn't ever feel full.  I had that problem with my lap band-- so this conversion was a hard decision for me to begin with-- was afraid it wouldn't work either!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 5:05 am

When I was at eight days I didn't feel full.But now I do.

cajungirl
on 11/15/13 5:28 am

Yes follow your measurement rules.  You'll learn what the full sensation feels like as your nerves heal and you eat denser foods. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

debramontoya
on 11/15/13 6:30 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I'm 18 days post op and know how you feel.  A gal I met thru my drs office told me that hiccups or a runny nose are some tells that  might show were full.  I have gotten the hiccups when I've eaten heavier food like chicken instead of yogurt or cottage cheese. 

kbinaz
on 11/15/13 7:42 am

I'm right there with you!  I had surgery Nov.4th and haven't felt anything after eating.  I'm not hungry, either!  I just eat the amount they tell me to eat and haven't had any issues with being sick or feeling anything.  I feel great, actually.  I also had a lap band revision.  I'm wondering if part of the reason we don't have any trouble eating the way they say to eat is because we had to do that already with the band (small bites, eat slowly etc.)

JustCK
on 11/15/13 7:51 am

You will definitely feel if you eat too much! I'm 6 weeks post-op and still learning my safe place. If I eat too much it feels like my food is stuck, almost like indigestion without the burning, just a pressure in your chest. Best of luck!

purpleswingline
on 11/15/13 8:52 pm - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I wish I did feel fullness.  I am 3 months post-op and don't feel anything!  I can overeat if I am not careful.  Is it possible my nerves are still effected?

Most Active
Recent Topics