Metal Taste or Funny taste!

BigTMoe
on 11/22/13 2:57 am

I know I read on here about someone else having a metal or funny taste in their mouth after surgery, but I cannot find the posts--  so can someone refresh me?  What is it and how do I get rid of it?  It is nasty!  (I am 15 days post op).

On a side note-- is there a way to do a search for key words on the forum so I can find things that I thought I read before?  This would really help so we (newbies) don't keep asking the same things over and over...

BigTMoe

barb.k
on 11/22/13 3:14 am - Williamson, GA

Hi there I am just a few days ahead of you. I searched and found other mentions of it. I didn't read as I am on my way out the door shopping. The search button (magnify glass) in blue line on top, on rt side..I searched metal taste and saw a few posts. Hope this helps and you find the one you remember reading or another one that helps you! You are doing great...keep up the good work.

barb.k

BigTMoe
on 11/22/13 3:50 am

Thanks-- found it and found what I was looking for.  Ketosis-- I understand it means you are burning fat, so that is good.  Others say they get it when they are not drinking enough liquids.  I haven't been able to keep much down all week - so that is probably why I am experiencing it.  Ironically, now that my nausea has gotten better and I feel like I want to eat or drink-- everything tastes like metal and makes me retch!  *Sigh* --  Onward, I guess!  Just have to keep trying different things to drin****il I find something I can tolerate...

Thanks for the search button advice-- it will definately come in handy!

keep in touch-- since we are on a similar timeline!

BigTMoe

cajungirl
on 11/22/13 3:40 am

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

PetHairMagnet
on 11/22/13 8:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

For my husband and I, it was brushing our teeth CONSTANTLY that helped. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

PhoenixGyrl
on 11/22/13 1:13 pm - Glendale, AZ

I am 20 days post op and I get a metal taste in my mouth when my mouth gets really dry.  I have found that a cup of room temperature water with fresh lemon squeezed usually does the trick... It's like the metal taste is my body telling me to drink something.. :)

Stacyjanp
on 11/24/13 10:55 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

The nasty taste will pass. I found that brushing my tongue many times a day helped.

i also switched toothpaste so the new one had no baking soda in it. Baking soda toothpaste only made it worse for me.

Good Luck and congrats on your journey!

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

Most Active
Recent Topics