NSV for the ladies

Ocalasam
on 12/1/13 10:12 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Huge NSV for me!  I went to visit my inlaws over the holidays in North Carolina.  I always break away for a while and go shopping, which I LOVE.  This time, I was able to shop in BOUTIQUES!!!!!  Many of you fashion forward gals know that boutiques only carry small sizes AND they run small.  I haven't been able to shop in boutiques in 10 years and I love boutiques!  It was the best feeling in the world when the sales people would ask me how I was doing when trying on clothes and I would say "um, do you have this in a SMALL??".....and it fit.  Everything I bought was size small!  No more jewelry, shoes and kids only shopping for me!  Best shopping trip EVER. . . however, I spent a fortune!  Boutique stuff isn't cheap.  I feel so braggy writing this, but hopefully you guys can relate and this won't come off that way - I wouldn't say this stuff to any of my friends or family.

Mary Catherine
on 12/1/13 10:21 pm

Coldwater Creek is my favorite store.  Where I live, the store does not carry anything smaller than size 6.  I go to the store and find something that I love and then they special order it in size 4 for me.

I remember a few shopping trips when I was at my skinniest when I could not find anything small enough at any store.  In some ways that was the best day of my life. I spent a whole lot of money on clothes the first year, but mostly bought high quality classic things that will look great for years.

Ocalasam
on 12/1/13 10:51 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

White Dove - there were a few things I couldn't buy because they weren't small enough.  I keep thinking - I'm not that small. . . where do really tiny people shop, American Girl??  Gap Kids?? 

Also, I always have a smidge of worry when spending money on small clothes.  I've been here before and had to give all those away when I gained weight.  I am petrified that this will happen again.  Does that feeling subside??

pathchic
on 12/1/13 11:59 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

LOL - "American Girl" - that is a good one -

karenp8
on 12/1/13 11:50 pm - Brighton, IL

I had to have Macys order trouseRs in a size 2 the other day and that felt great! I have found that girls size 14 or girls size 16 slim fit me the best because I have no butt at all now.

dessalves
on 12/2/13 12:37 am

I know I am not at the same stage that you are but I went shopping a few days ago and I was able to buy clothes in "normal" size and it was awesome so I can imagine how you are feeling right now!! Best feeling ever lol

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 311 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views