Back to work and thrown into Gastric Distress

bluroze2013
on 12/3/13 8:07 am - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

Started back to work yesterday after 5 weeks off and had a great day, was estatic that I had the energy to make it through a 10 hour day.  Then, I was caught in the fact I did too much and didnt sleep well.  I never realized how tied to a sleep my digestive system is.  Today was one of the not best days.  I have difficulty getting enough fluid and enough protein on a good day, but this sure isnt fun. 

barb.k
on 12/4/13 1:41 am - Williamson, GA

Awe sorry to hear. I will return to work next Monday after also being off for 5 weeks. I usually work a very busy fast paced 12  hr shift plus a 45 min drive each way two days a week. I asked to be put on shorter shifts to start and not back to back, so I am scheduled 10 hrs next Mon, and Wed. I advance my diet tomorrow so that will at least give me a few days to get accustomed to eating in this final stage. I am nervous though about getting my fluids in. I plan on drinking on the way. I am not suppose to be on shakes, but I may bring powder for one just in case it is crazy. Some days I wouldn't get a break for lunch until 8-10 hrs into my shift. It will be a challenge to eat and not too fast. I hope that your next day at work goes better. I figure like everything else with this surgery we will learn as we go along. It sure does help to have a place to get suggestions (and vent).

barb.k

Bibo
on 12/4/13 2:52 am

I had a lot more tiredness between two and four months out than I do now. especially in the afternoon..it helped me to have some protein about a half hour or so before the slump hit...I got a bit of a boost of energy...and yes, not sleeping well at night did not help. Hope you make it through.

bluroze2013
on 12/4/13 10:14 am - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

I made it through and am better today.  I realise it is one day at a time and that there will be ups and downs.  thank  you both for taking the time to post words of encouragement.  sometimes it is not the answer we seek, but merely acknowledgement and a kind word of understanding.  thank you both for being that for me.

Bibo
on 12/4/13 11:24 am
:)

Most Active
Recent Topics