isanenix cleanse

gabbie3275
on 12/10/13 11:04 pm

wondering is any of you have tried this after surgery? i am 8 months out and i am really really being drawn to the word "cleanse" i feel like it might be a good way to get the toxins out! im not as interested in the weight loss, just getting rid of the nasty ness in my body! thoughts?

stay lighter!

gabbie3275
on 12/10/13 11:04 pm

isagenix...sorry spelled it wrong!

stay lighter!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/13 11:20 pm

There are so many cleanses... Every company has a few.. They work... Some cleanse you, some you and your bank account..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cunning_Pam
on 12/10/13 11:23 pm
RNY on 12/18/13
What toxins are you concerned about, specifically?

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

gabbie3275
on 12/10/13 11:35 pm

all kinds of toxins...from what we breathe, too what we willingly ingest, plastic from cups we drink. i feel like if im doing extremely well with this lifestyle change maybe i should try to cleanse my body free of the toxins to make myself more healthy? just wondering if anyone has tried isagenix specifically?

stay lighter!

PetHairMagnet
on 12/12/13 6:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM Pacific Time, gabbie3275 wrote:

all kinds of toxins...from what we breathe, too what we willingly ingest, plastic from cups we drink. i feel like if im doing extremely well with this lifestyle change maybe i should try to cleanse my body free of the toxins to make myself more healthy? just wondering if anyone has tried isagenix specifically?

Then I would not use plastic drink ware and look to a more organic food sources. I am not a believer in, or fan of, cleanses. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/12/13 6:31 am - OH

I have yet to see any medical information that gives any credence to these cleanses doing anything to eliminate toxins from the body.  Most of them do nothing more than a good laxative does.

The body does a very good job at detoxification all on its own.  The liver and kidneys filter toxins from the blood stream and the intestinal system cleanses itself.  Artificial "cleanses" can remove the beneficial bacteria that the intestine needs to function properly.

FWIW, my surgeon discouraged cleanses after RNY (as well as before).  Perhaps you should ask your RNY surgeon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics