Trouble with meds

BigTMoe
on 12/13/13 4:57 am, edited 12/13/13 5:13 am

I am 5 weeks post-- still having problems getting in fluids and protein because I've had some bad burning in my stomach even when drinking water.  Dr gave me carafate to coat the inside and that helped that problem.  The next week I started battling nausea!  She gave me some anit-nausea meds and that seems to help now too.  

I'm back to work, but struggling because I am trying to get back onto my anti-depressant meds because I am starting to spiral -- been pretty weepy lately, but strange thing is that I 'm not sad... just cry over stupid things like -- I was out of shredded cheese one day for my scrambled eggs LOL!  Crying at touching commercials and other heart string moments... ugh.!

Everytime I drink water, crystal light, or flavored water I get the burning back!  I can drink G2 -- so it is lower calorie, but I"m worried about even having that.  BUT it seems like everything else hurts.  Milk is OK- so living on that and protein shakes... but I'm struggling to get enough in because I'm not hungry, thirsty, and frankly feel crummy half the time!  Also haven't been getting vitamins or calcium-- Im worried that i will pay the price for all of this soon!  I'm still glad I did the surgery.. but I really need some encouragement to get through another month or even a few weeks -- hoping some of these issues will dissipate..

Any advice?  (Also-- not losing very fast... about a pound in the last two weeks)

BigTMoe

Most Active
Recent Topics