Please help

Lovetocruz
on 12/15/13 3:16 am - Nashville, NC

It might be " just head hunger" but I a starving!   I am miserable with just sugar-free liquids and i have 15 more days of this.  I've tried broths, drinks, popsicles.  My tummy is ok, but I want food.  Please help.  Will this get better.  I'm 5 days out.

MrsLitch
on 12/15/13 3:33 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

when I had the urge for food I had sf jello at least it felt like I was eating something and it is a liquid so you might want to try that?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

illinois Gama D.
on 12/15/13 3:38 am

I did well with hot tea's,,, made my own broth with celery, onion, carrots, chicken or beef stock, blended it and drank it. strained soups were my best friend, are you having any  of the dreaded shakes? I couldn't choke them down!! sugar  free Italian ice in little cups, loved because I was using a spoon!! hang in there, It gets better!!!

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

SteveWebb
on 12/15/13 3:58 am - NC

Our NUT said on our plan that after surgery we could add a little milk to yogurt and make it pourable.  Does your plan allow greek yogurt yet?  If it does why don't you try that.  I feel for you, my time is coming fast now.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

queenbmamafranks
on 12/15/13 4:06 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I've  heard the mental part is the hardest. I am 4 days away from surgery. I fear this may happen to me also. Hang in there. Use a spoon whenever you can. Keep yourself busy as much as you can.

poet_kelly
on 12/15/13 4:31 am - OH

Are you on clear liquids?  I would try a clear protein drink, like Isopure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

angeleigh
on 12/15/13 5:39 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Drink more water. Try warm tea. Also SF hard candies are nice to crunch on. Shaved Ice or just crushed Ice works well, I did shaved ice with powerade zero poured on top. and at this stage it really is head hunger. Your mind keeps saying you need to eat something or just bored makes you want to eat. So drink more liquids, stay busy if you can, mediation helps some. Eat ice cubes. Like I said I bought a cheap snow cone maker just to make shaved ice. Also SF hot cocoa was a nice treat. I found that frozen and hot are the best temps of liquids, cold hurts at times.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

kisersassy
on 12/15/13 11:13 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
My saving grace is SF popcicles. I am 13 months out and still addicted to them!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views