Red, some times itchy, painful bumps on my hands and feet :(

Jules0225
on 12/22/13 8:57 pm, edited 12/22/13 9:01 pm

Everything I've looked at online says its eczema. Usually I will randomly get a couple here and there and I always attributed it to stress and they'd be gone in a couple days. This time it's the entire thumb side of my index fingers my thumbs as well as across the back of my hand. They are also on the tops of my feet. This has never happened this bad before. Cortisone cream isn't working. I'm on vacation in Florida and its making it pretty miserable. I did read a post where someone mentioned a vitamin deficiency. The post wasn't on here. It was a different forum. Anyone know why this could be? I really need to do something about this also I have been really good about using hand sanitizer at the theme parks and stuff   Ugh this is awful. :(. Also I apologize for this disaster of a post. I'm posting from my phone and for whatever reason I cannot see what in typing. Thanks. 

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

poet_kelly
on 12/22/13 9:15 pm - OH

I'm not aware of any vitamin deficiencies that cause that.  I would guess it's an allergic reaction.  You could go to an urgent care center and get looked at.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 12/23/13 12:32 am

I have gotten great relief from Fels Naphtha soap.  Wet the bar of soap, rub a layer of soap over the bumps and let it dry.  Sometimes they will pop like tiny blisters.  Once they have popped treat them with calamine lotion and they will go away.

You can still find Fels Naphtha usually at the bottom of the shelf with unpopular items in grocery stores.  I also keep Lava hand soap in the bathroom and use that on my hands several times a day. 

These are old fashioned formulas that do not have some of the chemicals that are added to modern soaps and creams.

The hand sanitizer might be making your hands worse.  Look for a bottle of your own with no alcohol. 

Jen Lyn
on 12/23/13 1:56 am
RNY on 11/11/13

On vacation to TN I had this. They called it contact dermatitus. I was given a prescription and it finally went away.  My skin peeled on my hands for about two weeks.

BWB
on 12/23/13 5:41 am

It might be a fungus too.  DMSO is a cream that a neighbor veterinarian reccommended to me for most aches, swelling, rashes, and it is great.  

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views