Cookies?

Missella20
on 12/22/13 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

I am 5 months post surgery and still I am surprised at my lack of appetite! I am so thankful and feel great! This will be the first year EVER that I will NOT be making Christmas cookies. I thought my family would be upset but they could care less! I am now seeing how the "other" side lives where food is not the primary concern of the day.....I have been to several holiday parties and the sweets are not calling my name. It is very weird and new to me. I used to be a chocolate fiend but now I don't look twice. Happy Holidays to ALL!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

SteveWebb
on 12/22/13 10:47 pm - NC

Just left my parents yesterday, I'm still pre-op.  Mom is an awesome cook and candy maker. Several of my Nieces and Nephews had left the day before and had Mom making all sorts of goodies.  She made me some sugar free and low sugar treats.  I told her this would be my last Christmas eating that sort of stuff.  I made Sweet potato suffle which is one of specialties, it was great but I ate to much.  Hope to see the Surgeon in a couple of weeks.  Keep up the good work and have a Merry CHristmas

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Missella20
on 12/22/13 11:02 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

It is nice to have supportive family. Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

MyLady Heidi
on 12/23/13 12:48 am

I made seven varieties of cookies for a cookie exchange at work and everyone raved over them.  I ate two.  I  would have eaten more if I didn't have to put all the work into making them.  Once I made them I wasn't interested.  I ate a bowl of brown rice instead.

Miss Liss
on 12/29/13 11:46 pm

Your cookies turned out well.  How did the bake off go at work? 

Jen Lyn
on 12/23/13 1:54 am
RNY on 11/11/13

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is different to not be focused on food.  It's freeing.'

65rosesmom
on 12/23/13 4:22 am

That's awesome!!  Enjoy it, it probably wont' be as easy next year.   I sailed through the holidays last year, this year I am much more interested in teh foods.  I have been mostly very good, but I've eaten a few cookies and treats.  Trying to keep in moderation and stay on my plan as much as possible so that I don't do the whole "diet" mentality and just give up all together.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Missella20
on 12/23/13 8:37 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

Thanks for your response. Hopefully I will be mentally prepared next year like you!

Catie780
on 12/23/13 9:07 am

So nice to hear that your family didn't mind at all that you didn't make the cookies. It makes me think about how many unnecessary n unhealthy food traditions I should rethink. 

I have to say thanks, again. 

MrsLitch
on 12/23/13 11:34 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Happy Holidays to you as well! Last year I skipped the cookie making. This year I decided to make them and give them away! I really enjoy baking with my husband and kids so we did random acts of kindness and delivered cookies around town each week for the last four weeks. We had a blast! One week they went to the Ronald McDonald house in Chicago, one week we took four cookies to each resident of a low income high rise for elderly and individuals with a disability. It was a fun time! I even earned some cash after a friend of mine saw the cookies on facebook and asked me to make her 3 dozen to take to her hubby's office party. I think this will be our annual "thing" now.

Enjoy your holidays!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics