The best Christmas gift ever... "Onederland"

rickgpgh
on 12/26/13 7:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 04/09/13

It’s official. I weighed in at 199 on Christmas Day.  I have been feeling great. Probably would have happened sooner but I missed the gym for a week due to work and a sore back.  This journey has been so rewarding.  My only true regret is not having the surgery sooner in life. 

I did get into an unhealthy relationship and am working with a counselor to resolve some self-esteem and relationship issues.  The reason I bring this up is that I recommend that those who are pre-op research and prepare for the psychological side effects of this process/surgery.  Life CHANGES big time post op.   It’s all for the good. Just don’t get lost in the change.  Relationships and friendships will change.  Just try and keep up with the change and make sure it’s positive change.

As always it’s hard to get the water in, and the protein can be difficult unless you have a routine down.  I do two protein coffees every morning and I am set.  I am out of protein at the moment waiting for UPS to deliver. Got my vitamin test results back and everything is good. But other than that, life is good.  Although I have been having some sleep issues. Not sure if it’s related to the weight loss.  Hard for me to get comfortable and stay asleep. Thinking I may need a new mattress!  Bottom line we need to follow the rules, measure food, keep a diary, do protein, water, and vitamins!   I get off track from time to time and the holidays are never easy but if we use this tool it will help us maintain a healthy lifestyle.  

In closing thanks to the members on this board. I would never have had this surgery without the info and support I got from this board.

Brimiller808
on 12/26/13 8:20 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13

Congratulations and keep up the great work!

mani_heart
on 12/26/13 12:40 pm
RNY on 03/18/13

Sweet!  Way to go.  I LOVED seeing that 199 on my scale.  ;)

martitalinda
on 12/27/13 7:01 am

WOOT! CONGRATS!!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views