I discovered shape wear!

KellyC210
on 12/29/13 10:57 am - SC

Woohoo! I got two Maidenform shapewear tank tops, and they do wonders for the self esteem. I was going to wait until way closer to my goal weight, but I am sick of looking at cellulite. I am working hard for every pound, and want to be proud of how I look, and my confidence level soared in my new tank. I got black and white, I think I will get a tan color and that will be it until they are just too big. I am a convert, full believer, and will shout it from a mountaintop that shapewear is the bomb!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Mo Diggity
on 12/29/13 11:08 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Hmmmm Maidenwear Tanks ?? I'll have to look into that !! How do you wear them, just underneath any shirt ? Do you wear a bra also, or is it like a built in deal ??

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

KellyC210
on 12/29/13 11:10 am - SC

Underneath any shirt, or by themselves if you want, which I personally wouldn't. But you do wear your own bra with them. I like that personally. I got mine at Kohls, they are on sale right now for $31.50, then you get an extra 15% off any purchase under $100 or 20% off any purchase over $100

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Mo Diggity
on 12/29/13 11:52 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Thanks !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Jen 1959
on 1/1/14 6:04 am - NH

Suggestions for a Good Bra for Saggy loose boobs.....I`ve lost over 100 lbs.

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/13 11:14 am

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cajungirl
on 12/29/13 12:03 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this type. I'm assuming it doesn't roll since it goes over the shoulder, right?  I want something lightweight though to smooth out things with certain shirts. My sister had on a lace camisole type one for Christmas and it looked fairly comfortable. 

Yes one that doesn't smush the boobs work better. The one I have (full body suit, bought before plastics) actually pushed up the boobs and made them look better in a bra. I bought it at one of the oH conventions. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

illinois Gama D.
on 12/29/13 12:54 pm

Laura, i LOVE this one to!! it doesnt roll or sneak up where it doesnt belong, sometime i tuck it into jeans to help with the muffin top.!! I like it because your own bra is ano mashed nown with  spanx to look like a uniboob, you still have your girls up with a good bra lookin at the glorius sky,!!!

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

PetHairMagnet
on 12/29/13 3:35 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Yes!! The WYOB style is preferable, IMO. Uniboob can happen otherwise. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/29/13 5:59 pm - Burleson, TX

LAURA--love these!! Even with our Tx climate, I wear something, along this line, EVERY day...I still have my "empty skin" (always better than FULL FAT-right?!?)...and the light compression helps with clothes fitting/self esteem/etc/etc...I am convinced it even helps with posture and helps prevent back pain...Maybe I watch too may infomercials ???

My VERY fave shapewear is similar to the one you pictured, but is a little thicker, and has a crotch. I got it for THREE DOLLARS, at a local resale shop, but all the tags were cut out, so I have no clue what brand/size/etc, so I can't order another one...but I stalk that store every Friday (it's the only place I donate/shop resale now), and the ladies there NO DOUBT think I'm nutz, but they promised to be on the lookout for me some more, similar shapewear

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views