Money Magazine Article - The Economics of Fat to Thin

quiltpainter
on 1/5/14 6:59 am - CT

I just read this fantastic article in Money magazine January issue 'The Economics of Fat to Thin'. The author had WLS and the article includes very useful information for anyone considering WLS. He looks at the insurance aspect and how to appeal if needed.  He includes suggestions on paying out of pocket for your surgery. There is a thorough breakdown of costs related to surgery, costs after surgery and the savings involved.   The article also looks potential post surgery complications and future surgeries that may be needed and how to financially deal with it.  It is probably the best article I have read on WLS.  For the record, I do not know the author and have no incentive to talk up the article other than the information is extremely valuable to all of us.  Well done.

goddessgrrl
on 1/5/14 9:30 am - VA

WOW! So great to hear about a mainstream media in-depth article about Weight Loss Surgery (WLS). I'm going to pick up this issue. Thanks so much for sharing this information with us!

BTW I love to quilt but I'm a novice. Quilt Painter sounds fabulous & I'd love to see some of your work! Happy new year!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

PetHairMagnet
on 1/5/14 11:29 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I subscribe to Money, I will have to look for that article, I don't know how I missed it!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SkinnyScientist
on 1/5/14 12:37 pm
Can u send me a pdf of the article. I am already worried about plastics...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

quiltpainter
on 1/5/14 9:48 pm - CT

Dont worry about plastic surgery yet, you may not need any. I lost about the same amount of weight has you need to and have no need for plastic surgery. Sometimes I'd like my neck to look better but its usually in the morning when I am not as hydrated. For the most part, I am beyond pleased with my skin. Good luck. I only have the magazine in paper form.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/6/14 9:36 am

OK.  Thank you for the advice. My NP was thinking I wouldnt because I am still "young" (I am 37 ...that is not young is it?  I fake being 34!).

I am glad that your skin tightened up!!!

Best wishes!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

quiltpainter
on 1/6/14 9:45 am - CT

Well I'm 52 so based on that you should be fine!!!!  I hope you are feeling good. You have such an exciting year ahead of you!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 88 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 88 views