surgery today!

dawnpsmith
on 1/7/14 6:14 pm

My surgery is today at 10:30a.  I'm really nervous.  Hope I'm doing the right thing - I have been reading this forum for the last month and so many of you say it's the best thing you could've done, many saying he or she should've done it sooner.   It takes so much prep work to get to this point, can't believe the day is here.  My reason for this decision is to resolve Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - was diagnosed 12 years ago - resolves with weight loss.  I'm not usually a nervous person and have a good attitude most of the time about most things.  I was excited and looking forward to my new life before today, but got nervous last evening.  Just need to get through the procedure today - I would be thankful for any last minute words of encouragement.

Thank you all for being my support group for the last month or so!

basilmk
on 1/7/14 8:08 pm, edited 1/7/14 8:10 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

My surgery was yesterday and I felt exactly the same on Monday and on the drive to the hospital. It's done and I'm getting great encouragement from my nurses, many of whom have had the same RNY.  They all say it was their best decision.....

One gal just told me that she can eat just about anything but is satisfied with small amounts. That's w hat I'm looking forward to.

i am a little sore but no real pain and can't wait to get on with my life.

congratulations on your decision and best wishes for your surgery.

marty

dawnpsmith
on 1/7/14 8:34 pm

Thank you! This helps.  

I leave for for hospital in 15 minutes.  My nerves are calming.  Feel bad that my husband and mom are nervous - I keep telling them it is going to be fine and don't worry - hate putting them through this.  

basilmk
on 1/7/14 8:12 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14
My surgery was yesterday and I felt exactly the same on Monday and on the drive to the hospital. It's done and I'm getting great encouragement from my nurses, many of whom have had the same RNY.  They all say it was their best decision.....   One gal just told me that she can eat just about anything but is satisfied with small amounts. That's w hat I'm looking forward to.   i am a little sore but no real pain and can't wait to get on with my life.   congratulations on your decision and best wishes for your surgery.   marty
nurl
on 1/7/14 8:52 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
Best of luck and hoping for an uneventful recovery let us know how you are doing when you are up to it

SteveWebb
on 1/7/14 10:17 pm - NC

I pray you have a quick recovery with no complications.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

dawnpsmith
on 1/10/14 8:16 pm

I am home. Thanks for the well wishes!! Sipping and walking!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views