Just Hit 100 Pounds!!

DoryAnne2
on 1/8/14 12:14 am
RNY on 04/01/13

I just hit 100 pounds on my weight loss journey, a week past my 9-month surgery date.  YAY!!  Feel like I want to shout it to the world.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled and so grateful for this new body and how much better I look and feel physically.  100 pounds is such a milestone, yet I'm still so aware that I've lost weight (although never this much) all my life, only to regain.  It's hard to trust this and I guess I'm just grateful for all the posts I see from people who are maintaining their weight loss for years.  I think all of us "newcomers" need the encouragement and to know that even though we've compulsively overeaten our whole lives, it's possible to make enough changes to maintain the weight loss.  I'm happy when I read posts from people who are not perfect, who sometimes eat their old favorites, but still work it enough to maintain.

Thanks to all who post for their support and encouragement.  I hope to do the same for others.  I'm still not sure what my goal weight will be, although I'm getting closer.  I guess I'll wait to see if I reach a point where I'm satisfied with the way I look, or if my body will just stop losing when it reaches the right point.  Assume that when I hit maintenance it will be more of the same i've been doing, with maybe a couple of extra calories to account for maintenance. 

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

Slowbutsteady2013
on 1/8/14 12:43 am

Congratulations!  It is definitely worth celebrating.

DoryAnne2
on 1/8/14 12:51 am
RNY on 04/01/13

Thanks!  Of course, my husband jokingly said he'd take me out to dinner to celebrate.  Guess I'll have to be happy celebrating with a new wardrobe and feeling SO much lighter! 

Missella20
on 1/8/14 12:56 am
RNY on 07/11/13

angryCongratulations! I know you are happy! That is my next goal too! Celebrate! Do something special for yourself!!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

DoryAnne2
on 1/8/14 12:58 am
RNY on 04/01/13

Thanks for your post!   Yes, it IS worth celebrating, obviously, and I guess by posting it that's my way of celebrating it.  Good luck on your journey.  It's amazing to be down so much so quickly, isn't it? 

melissa_musicjunkie
on 1/8/14 4:35 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Congratulations! I'm at 97 and soooo excited to hit that 100 pound loss mark, too. I completely understand everything you're feeling. :) I'm right there with ya! Great job!!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

DoryAnne2
on 1/8/14 4:42 am
RNY on 04/01/13

WOW, you lost your weight so quickly, but it seems like it often happens that the more people have to lose, the quicker they lose it.  You must be feeling it even more than me, since it's so much quicker (I had my surgery 4 months earlier than yours).  Hope you're having as much fun as I am getting more active and feeling so much lighter.  BTW, I love your "music junkie" reference.  I'm a HUGE music fan myself.  Good luck as we continue on this journey. 

melissa_musicjunkie
on 1/8/14 4:58 am
RNY on 08/01/13

LOL re musicjunkie...that's been my email addy for going on 10 years! I am a huge music person!

Yes, I've lost pretty quickly. I did have 4 times that I had a stricture so I've had a really rough time getting enough food and protein in. I've stalled A LOT, but it seems when I lose I lose fast...like a pound a day for a few weeks. I'm working out a lot, too....running, dancing and Piloxing, like 5 times a week. I think I've finally figured out an eating system for maximum loss, whcih includes eating 6 or 7 times a day. It's exhausting at times, but so worth it.
I am definitely enjoying being more active and being able to do things, like running, that I couldn't do before. I am not enjoying some of this excess skin, though. I noticed some shrinkles on my upper arms above my elbows the other day...I told my husband "my arms look like I'm someone who lost a lot of weight!" Well, duh! But I hope you know what I mean. I don't wanna look like I used to be 100 pounds heavier. I just wanna look like ME again. :) I don't know how to friend people here, but you can find me on Facebook if you're interested in keeping in touch. Let me know and I'll give you my info. :)

Melissa

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

DoryAnne2
on 1/8/14 8:19 am
RNY on 04/01/13

I know what you mean about the excess skin.  I think the upper arms are my worst as well.  And what's hard is that everyone sees them.  Especially in evening wear, so much is sleeveless.  I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 50's and I've yo-yo'd with my weight my whole life, so I was projecting I would look even worse than I do.  I only need to lose another 10 pounds or so, so I'm hoping to escape plastic surgery.  I've also been very diligent about walking every day.  I average about 3 miles, more in the better weather.  It's something I love to do (with my MP3 player I get my music fix), the dog loves it, and it's what I was missing when I was a 100 pounds heavier and I had to pay with pain if I exercised for any length. 

I'm not on Facebook, but you can email me at  [email protected] if you'd like to chat in more detail.  

HFA70
on 1/8/14 6:22 am

Congrats!  New clothes would definitely be a great reward!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 178 views
Recent Topics