Spicy Food

Gypsyqueen5
on 1/13/14 2:51 pm - Seattle, WA

Hey everyone. So how do you all do with spicy food or  salsa , hot sauce? How far down the road can add this to food?   

SeattleSeagirl

Ladytazz
on 1/13/14 2:58 pm

I love spicy food.  The other day I eat at a Mexican restaurant and I got street tacos with jalapeno sauce.  I don't know what I was thinking but I poured all the sauce on the chicken and it was HOT!  I don't usually eat stuff that is that hot but it was good.  I've never had a problem with hot foods and I like my food to have a lot of flavor so I add hot sauce to a lot of things like eggs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Gypsyqueen5
on 1/13/14 3:07 pm - Seattle, WA

Thank you!

SeattleSeagirl

poet_kelly
on 1/13/14 7:41 pm - OH

I do great with it.  i love spicy food.  I used taco sauce on refried beans about one week post op.  I don't know what your doc's plan says about spicy food, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gypsyqueen5
on 1/13/14 8:21 pm - Seattle, WA

Great I am looking forward to having refried beans Sunday. I will try a little. Thanks for your reply.

SeattleSeagirl

Heather D.
on 1/13/14 10:09 pm

I confess- I'm a Chipotle addict. I hate one with the hubs because I eat such a small amount and get my medium salsa on the side. Love fajitas when we go Mexican. 

pathchic
on 1/13/14 10:38 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Like the others - I haven't had any problems with the spicy stuff.  I can't do the flour tortillas - but the corn tortillas do great -

PetHairMagnet
on 1/14/14 12:39 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I have a very limited ability to handle spice--this was pre-op as well. But my husband LOVES spicy foods and now that his GERD is under control, he can enjoy spicy food when he is in the mood for it. He waited 45 days post-op, IIRC, to try anything spicy. But no issues at all. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 1/14/14 1:36 am - NC

I only hope that I can have spicy stuff after I heal from surgery.  We have a BBQ place here called Fat Buddies BBQ, and they have a firehouse sauce that I love on the ribs.  I'm sweating on a cold day when I leave that place and my mouth burns for an hour afterwards but boy am I happy.  Before I start the two week liquid diet that is where I am going.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

BWB
on 1/14/14 2:03 am

I thought my chest would explode after one bite of Wendy's chili so I don't know how spicy people do it.  If it doesn't agree with you then you will never want it again and you won't really care.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views