RNY on 08/07/13

You go dude!

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/14 10:32 pm
VSG on 03/26/14
That is awesome Grim!!!
mispysmom
on 1/14/14 10:51 pm - elliot lake, Canada
My surgeon wouldbt even give me a goal weight...he was.pretty vague when i.asked about it...he said.as long as i lost 50-70% of my excess weight he would be happy...i dont want to be unrealistic but i'm 2.5 months out and i am down already 112...so 80 more lbs to meet his vague goal...i can do this for sure!!! And so can u!!!

Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/14 11:53 pm
VSG on 03/26/14
That is Amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!
KevinBacon
on 1/14/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

jimjayhawk
on 1/14/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 02/10/13

Best of luck on your journey! 

I too am 5'10', but have decided (and supported by my Nut and Surgeon) that BMI is very often a load of hooey. 

I'm currently at 220#... with body fat composition of 15%...  so I am "technically" obese according to the BMI charts... 

I am curious to see what 200# might look like, but everyone in my world seems to think that I am already looking a bit gaunt so that the preferred BMI weight would make me look like a concentration camp survivor... So, at 11 months out, I am going to continue eating right and if I manage to make it to onederland - AWESOME!!!!   If not, then my goal is to maintain my weight at or below 225#

PetHairMagnet
on 1/15/14 4:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 15, 2014 at 7:57 AM Pacific Time, jimjayhawk wrote:

Best of luck on your journey! 

I too am 5'10', but have decided (and supported by my Nut and Surgeon) that BMI is very often a load of hooey. 

I'm currently at 220#... with body fat composition of 15%...  so I am "technically" obese according to the BMI charts... 

I am curious to see what 200# might look like, but everyone in my world seems to think that I am already looking a bit gaunt so that the preferred BMI weight would make me look like a concentration camp survivor... So, at 11 months out, I am going to continue eating right and if I manage to make it to onederland - AWESOME!!!!   If not, then my goal is to maintain my weight at or below 225#

It is because they are used to seeing you heavy. If at 225 you walked up to a stranger on the street, I doubt they would view you as gaunt. Especially if you were in a swim suit. My husband is over 6 feet tall and at 180 looks wonderful, not too gaunt. But it took his family a LONG time to get used to it. They used to say 'Here comes skinny' and not in a nice way and finally we had a Come to Jesus with them that we had listened to them tell us for 25 years how fat we were and now that we were losing weight, they were mocking us for being thin. That stopped the rude comments. 

Personally, friends told me they thought I was getting too thin, but when I went to a new place to look into their Warrior Training, the very first question he asked was how much weight I still wanted to lose. It is all in perspective. My 6' 6' son with a size 16 shoe is at a good weight at 225, so if you are that tall, then it works, but I'll guess you are not since not many men are. :)  I'll pretty much guarantee you don't look like you are underweight to strangers and again, it might be in the face, but show them in a swimsuit...and it all changes!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 1/15/14 6:44 am - NC

O.K. I'll go along with the swimsuit idea but if you think ya'll are going to get me in a speedo think again! LOL

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

blopez579
on 1/15/14 12:44 am
RNY on 09/11/13

Maybe they do that because of what they deem "success".  Losing 85% of your excess weight and keeping it off for two years.  I think that is a poor definition... it should be 95% for life! That's what my personal definition and goal is, anyway.  I'll never be "done".

robyn_fresh
on 1/15/14 3:25 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Wow, I must be in the minority. Let me start by saying, if you work long and hard enough at it, you can do it! My reasoning for saying I must be in the minority is because my surgeon said his goal for me would be 180; my goal for me is 199. I started at 414 and am 5'7"

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 425 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 508 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 490 views