6 month weight loss letter

Newme661
on 1/15/14 12:44 pm

How do I start it.? Anyone did this and can help me? I need to turn my in and I have no clue on how to start. Thank you anyone that help me out. You could PM if you wish.

QoftheU
on 1/15/14 1:22 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I don't even know what it is... please 'splain!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Newme661
on 1/15/14 1:28 pm

My medical requires me to log my last 6 month weight loss attemps. That paper I will give to my primary doctor so he could send it with the referral and fingers cross my medical will approve and I will get to see a surgoen .

QoftheU
on 1/15/14 1:32 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Ahhh - yes, now I know. I wasn't required to do one but I bet if you do a search on here (look in the upper right and you'll see a magnifying glass; click and search), you will probably find a lot of info on your topic.
Good luck and full steam ahead!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Lora R.
on 1/15/14 7:11 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Usually the requirement is a six month medically supervised weight loss program ( going to the doctor once a month to be weighed and discuss weight loss, suggestions etc)  Cal them and ask what the specificaly require if it is from the patient or the doctor.  If from you, write down what you have tried for the last six months and how much you lost/gain.  If you can, even include when and how much you exercised.

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

poet_kelly
on 1/15/14 7:30 pm - OH

I've never heard of this before.  When you say your "medical" wants it, do you mean your insurance company?  If so, call them and ask what it should include and then do that.  But you might want to make sure they want a letter from you because that would be an unusual requirement.  If you just completed a six month supervised diet, they should be getting information about that from your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

April M.
on 1/15/14 8:14 pm
RNY on 09/26/13

Yes, I visited my surgeons office for 6 months working with a nutritionist.  Once that was complete they scheduled me with the surgeon.  They took care of sending all that into the insurance company for me...   I'd call your insurance.

Day_dream_believer
on 1/15/14 9:21 pm

I did weigh****chers for 6 months. I copied my weigh in log and submitted it to my Dr

Newme661
on 1/15/14 9:58 pm

Thank you everyone.

yes it's my insurance that's asking for this and they said for me too write it down and then give it to my doctor. I have to write down my previous attempts there not asking my to start a supervised six month weight loss. 

Mary Catherine
on 1/15/14 10:56 pm

My surgery center supplied a form to fill in. 

I listed every weight loss attempt ever with starting weight, time spent on the program, and weight lost.

Sadly I remembered every detail vividly in my mind and could write them down in chronological order.

Some examples:

July, 1973 - October, 1973 - Weigh****chers - starting weight 136 - Goal 120 - Total lost 16 pounds

March, 1974 - September, 1974 - Weigh****chers - starting weight 142 - Goal 120 - Ending weight 132  Total lost 10 pounds

October, 1995 - January, 1996 - Atkins - starting weight 173 - Goal 136 - Ending weight 173 - Total loss 0 pounds.

What you want to show is your attempts, your successes and failures, and also how dieting does not work for you as a long term solution. 

An Excel spreadsheet would be an excellent way to chart this out and make it easy for the insurance company to show that they are doing the right thing in approving your surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 333 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 427 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 324 views