Intro

nasellemom
on 1/16/14 5:33 am

Hi I a nasellemom. I had RNY 4/30/2010. I have not been on here a lot in the past because of limited internet access. For about the last 6 month I have been on here reading and so it is time for an introduction.

i started out at 272 lbs. and in the first year got down to 157 where I stayed for a long time. I got pretty discouraged and started adding things into my diet that I had no business eating (mind you my surgeon said after a while you should be able to eat everything you eat now). Not good to say to a fat person. I stayed there for about a year and then over the next year put back on about 12 lbs.

so with the new year has come a new start. I have been tracking on myfitnesspal and leaning things here. I started jan. 1 @ 165 yesterday I was @ 153.6. I am noticing that the people who are active on this sight seem to be very successful and I would like to be successful too. So here I am. 

You all have been a great support to me even though you did not know it. Thank you to all who post (vets, new post-ops, and pre-op).  May we all have much success.

Cunning_Pam
on 1/16/14 5:52 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Welcome to the forums! I don't mean to minimize at all, but your story sounds so familiar; it seems that falling off the wagon can be so easy to do! However, you sound motivated and on top of things now, and I wish you much success.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

nasellemom
on 1/16/14 6:01 am

Thank you. I have found that when I have access to this kind of support (people with experienced with weight issues) I tend to be more successful. So expect to be seeing me here more often.

worldtraveler07
on 1/16/14 5:56 am
Revision on 02/12/14 with

Hi 

I am a revision and having surgery in February. I subscribe to a great support forum called proof weigh loss works and a girl named Asa also known as GhrelinBgone on YouTube. She has some excellent videos and she is 3 years post op. She motivates and provides tips on motivation, eating right, and getting involved in WLS groups to prevent weight gain. I hope this is helpful? I wish I found her channel sooner because her videos are great and she gives out simple to follow advice.

nasellemom
on 1/16/14 6:04 am

Thanks I will check this out. I am one who needs support, motivation, and accountability. Love getting advice from those who have been there and done that.

SteveWebb
on 1/16/14 6:04 am - NC

Hello Nasellemom, glad you're here.  Looks like you are off to a great start and didn't let things get to out of control.  There are a lot of great vets on here that give wonderful advise and support.  I look forward to reading your progress and hope you continue to do well.  God bless you.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

nasellemom
on 1/16/14 6:05 am

Thank you and congrats on the date. 

Calla Lily
on 1/16/14 6:12 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Nice to meet you!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

nasellemom
on 1/16/14 12:22 pm

Hello, I have been watching your journey and you are inspirational and that has helped to get my butt back in gear.

blopez579
on 1/16/14 6:36 am
RNY on 09/11/13

Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?