myfitnesspal.com

basilmk
on 1/18/14 5:32 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Last week I asked for suggestions about an app that would be good at tracking foods.  Overwhelmingly, the choice was myfitnesspal as both an app and as a .com which sync immediately.

I particularly love the efficiency of the barcode scanner that rapidly recognizes the foods I'm eating.  I just went through my refrigerator and cabinets and uploaded my drinks, protein powders and foods.  Only wish that the default servings weren't 1/2 cup or 1 cup....I would love if they measured in teaspoons.  :) 

Highly recommended and, it's free!

kaplanrhonda
on 1/18/14 6:26 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 12/16/13

I love the Myfitnesspal app.  I have it on my iPad, iPhone, and laptop.  It keeps me from lying to myself :-)  I had to go on a supervised weight loss program for three months for insurance approval.  I started using this app... and boy my eyes were opened.  It wasn't what I was eating (well, not that much), it was what I was drinking.. empty calories.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/18/14 7:14 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM Pacific Time, basilmk wrote:

Last week I asked for suggestions about an app that would be good at tracking foods.  Overwhelmingly, the choice was myfitnesspal as both an app and as a .com which sync immediately.

I particularly love the efficiency of the barcode scanner that rapidly recognizes the foods I'm eating.  I just went through my refrigerator and cabinets and uploaded my drinks, protein powders and foods.  Only wish that the default servings weren't 1/2 cup or 1 cup....I would love if they measured in teaspoons.  :) 

Highly recommended and, it's free!

I chose the gram version in the very early stages since I could do at are weight on my scale and determine a tsp or Tbl very easily!

i credit MFP with my ability to stay on plan without fail from a 'knowing what I am eating' perspective. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics