Uh oh.. Week 2, lost 1 POUND.

canttouchus
on 1/19/14 2:19 am
RNY on 01/07/14

I had RNY on 1/7/14. During the pre op diet I lost 7 pounds and last week I lost 6. I was very happy with that. However, this week I switched to soft food and I only lost 1 pound! What the what? I also traveled back up to school and started classes again so that change in schedule might be a factor... I just didn't think a weight stall could happen this early. Could someone help me out please?

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

poet_kelly
on 1/19/14 2:26 am - OH

Losing one pound in a week isn't a stall.   A stall is when you lose nothing at all for several weeks.  This is just how weight loss works.  Some weeks you'll lose a lot, some weeks a little, some weeks none at all.  If that's stressful for you, try not weighing yourself so often.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gtrdyfor50
on 1/19/14 2:31 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Hang in there, it will start moving again. Are you getting everything in that you need to right now? This happens to a lot of people early on.

canttouchus
on 1/19/14 2:36 am
RNY on 01/07/14

I've just been weighing myself every week. I didn't think that was too often, especially in the beginning, but I could be wrong.

I have been getting in enough liquids, and I'm usually between 35-50g for protein. I'm still working up to the 60g. I got 55.5 yesterday.

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

gtrdyfor50
on 1/19/14 2:42 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Sounds like you are doing great!

poet_kelly
on 1/19/14 3:15 am - OH

It's only too often if it's making you stress about the numbers.  Weighing once a week at this point is not gonna help you lose weight.  It's not like you burn calories just getting on the scale or anything like that.  If it's motivating to you to see the numbers go down, then that's good.  But they won't go down every time.  If that's really discouraging, then you might feel better weighing less often.

Sounds like  you're doing great with the protein.  Almost to 60 and just a couple weeks out is great.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kbinaz
on 1/19/14 3:03 am

I lost 15 pounds in my first week after surgery, then only lost two pounds in the next three weeks. Go with the total pounds lost and don't stress out when weeks aren't as high. I understand why you are concerned, it was really hard for me, too, but don't drive yourself crazy! 

tdbull
on 1/19/14 3:07 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sounds like you're doing everything right - especially only weighing 1/week. Keep doing you plan - like another poster said - some weeks you'll lose more than others, and even a 1lb loss is terrific - may be that your body is adjusting. I also measure myself every month, so if the scale doesn't move, maybe the inches will tell a different story.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

danslillady
on 1/19/14 4:08 am

I lost 12 lbs preop and then 10 the first week! Then it stopped for about 2 weeks. I lost for 3 weeks (15 lbs ) and then stopped for 10 days. Seems a pretty natural way to lose weight. 

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

QoftheU
on 1/19/14 5:50 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Had mine a month ago, the same exact thing happened, had a baby-meltdown, posted on here, with the same responses. Hang tight - things WILL get moving again - I promise!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 473 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 464 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 350 views