Day two liquid diet.

SteveWebb
on 1/20/14 9:27 pm - NC

I wanted to wait till I had the first day under my belt before posting anything about the liquid diet.  I did O.K. yesterday but was real hungry at times.  I work in the big jail kitchen and had to smell food all day yesterday but stuck to my diet and did not eat anything.  I am determined to succeed at this with the Lord's help.  I've never been able to conquer it on my own so I need the Lord's help and this surgery to win. 

I hope all the others on the diet at this time find the resolve to stick to it, I know it will get easier as the days go by so I'm taking it one day at a time.  I am very happy and excited to be where I am today and be so close to surgery.  I have a lot to be thankful for and my heart is full of gratitude.  I also spoke to a Woman I know last night that her Dad had this surgery and had my Surgeon.  He is doing wonderful and is very happy.  That also made me feel better and more confident as I move forward.  I hope all of you have a blessed day.

Steve

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

gtrdyfor50
on 1/20/14 9:43 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
Good Luck with day two!

dawnpsmith
on 1/20/14 9:46 pm

So exciting!  You're doing great, Steve!  Gets easier... after today.  I had a couple of nights during the two weeks where I really wanted to eat a meal... just remember how important it is to soften your liver.   You can always chew a Sf popsicle or fill that tummy to the brim with fluid to stomp out hunger.  Just my 2 cents!

SteveWebb
on 1/20/14 10:07 pm - NC

I have two big pans of sugar free jello made here a work today.  I am ready for today.  I also have SF jello and popsicles at home when I get off work today.  Of course I have to share them with my dogs.  They sit and beg for bites.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

poet_kelly
on 1/20/14 10:16 pm - OH

Your dogs like popsicles?  Cute.  In the summer I make my dog chicken popsicles.  I put chicken broth in an ice cube tray and freeze it.  Then he gets a chicken sicle when he comes in from a walk when it's hot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SteveWebb
on 1/20/14 10:47 pm - NC

Oh they bark their heads off for popsicles and Ice cream.  Well really anything I'm eating.  They love Italian food.  We put spagetti sauce in their dog food and they gobble it up.  They really love apples too..

poet_kelly
on 1/20/14 10:55 pm - OH

Isaac will not eat fruit or veggies.  He insists that those things are not food.  Now, personally, I can't see how you would think cat poop was food but an apple was not, but that's what Isaac tells me.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jazzycatz
on 1/21/14 12:43 am - Joppa, MD

"Now, personally, I can't see how you would think cat poop was food but an apple was not, but that's what Isaac tells me."  Now that was funny! And my dog says the same thing. If there wasn't a cat door between her and the litter box...well, I certainly wouldn't have to clean it out as much.

poet_kelly
on 1/21/14 12:52 am - OH

I have to clean the box every time the cat gets in it so that Isaac doesn't clean it for me.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/21/14 6:15 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM Pacific Time, SteveWebb wrote:

I have two big pans of sugar free jello made here a work today.  I am ready for today.  I also have SF jello and popsicles at home when I get off work today.  Of course I have to share them with my dogs.  They sit and beg for bites.

Do NOT give your dog even a BITE of anything with artificial sweeteners in it!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070609204140AACVNDb

Did you know ONE piece of sugarless gum can kill a dog? It is EXTREMELY dangerous! And frankly, people food shouldn't be fed to dogs, period! If you want to make them a broth pop, go for it, but the expense and harm is not worth it.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics