Primary Denial so it's on to Secondary

LoriLo45
on 2/11/14 7:24 am

Well, my primary insurance denied my request as I figured they would even though they have paid for all my pre surgery items.  Now I wait to see what my secondary insurance will do.  I have high hopes that they will approve since bariatric surgery is covered under their policy.  It's just frustrating having to wait it out.  I was so motivated up until this long wait for insurance to do their thing.  I know as soon as I get the approval the surge of motivation will be back full force.  I'm ready to go.  I have purchased a fitbit force, the fitbit aria scale and I have a treadmill in the living room, I have several samples of protein powder, I bought a Ninja, food scale, bento box for lunches....the list goes on. 

I enjoy reading all the blogs and hearing about the recipes and foods that everyone is eating.  I can't wait until I'm officially sharing my journey - fingers crossed it will be soon.

Lori

poet_kelly
on 2/11/14 7:28 am - OH

Why did your primary insurance deny it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LoriLo45
on 2/11/14 7:33 am

They denied it because bariatric surgery is excluded from the policy.  My husband works for Boeing and their policy covers it if medically necessary so I should be ok, it's just the anticipation.  My Dr (Troy Houseworth) said Boeing usually comes back with a quick approval.

poet_kelly
on 2/11/14 7:35 am - OH

Oh, OK.  That makes sense.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/12/14 5:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM Pacific Time, LoriLo45 wrote:

They denied it because bariatric surgery is excluded from the policy.  My husband works for Boeing and their policy covers it if medically necessary so I should be ok, it's just the anticipation.  My Dr (Troy Houseworth) said Boeing usually comes back with a quick approval.

Were you required to submit it even though it was not covered so you could submit to secondary? Nice for you to have a secondary to submit to!

Sending you good vibes for approval!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 2/11/14 8:06 am - NC

Praying you get quick approval from the secondary insurance.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

LoriLo45
on 2/11/14 8:07 am

Thanks Steve - I'm so ready.

tdbull
on 2/11/14 8:56 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sending you tons of best wishes for a quick approval.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics