tried a new coffee protein

MsVThin
on 2/14/14 11:13 pm - Hesperia, CA

Just wanted to let everyone know, I tried Javapro for the first time.  Its quite tasty, a very good coffee taste.  Fairly easy to mix (I used the blender bottle with water).  No gritty texture!

I love coffee, as many of you do also.  Its just an easy way to get my protein down, a couple times a day.

20 grams per serving, with other vitamins and some iron.  Only 1 g sugar! :)

MsVThin
on 2/15/14 12:14 am - Hesperia, CA

just made one hot, its good too!

QoftheU
on 2/15/14 1:22 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I really want to try it but I've been told no caffeine - ever - by my doc  :-(  Has yours said that?

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

poet_kelly
on 2/15/14 2:49 am - OH

Why does your doc recommend no caffeine, ever?  So you can't do chocolate protein shakes, either?  There are decaf coffee protein drinks, like Syntrax Nectar cappuccino (my favorite).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 2/15/14 5:10 am - NH

Kelly, the Syntrax Nectar Cappucinno is my Favorite!!        Every morning........Sometimes I have to Buy a cheaper Protein powder but I will not give up my Nectar Cappuccino!!

poet_kelly
on 2/15/14 5:37 am - OH

I've tried a bunch of coffee flavored shakes because I really like coffee flavored stuff and Syntrax Nectar is my favorite.  I didn't like the Click very much.  I do like the Chike iced coffee, which does have caffeine.  The nice thing about it is that I think it tastes good just mixed with water, and most protein powders I do not like mixed with water, I need milk or almond milk or soy milk.  I also tried the Fit Frappe protein powder and it was just so-so.  Of them all, the Syntrax is the best, in my opinion.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 2/15/14 5:43 am - NH

I can drink it with jus****er....but I like it better with milk or the almond, and to save on some calories I use 1/2 water....

I use a blender ball and some good shakes to mix it up......    love love love it!

QoftheU
on 2/15/14 7:39 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Oh great - I wasn't aware that chocolate protein powders had caffeine... But of course, it makes perfect sense!  Fortunately, I don't make chocolate ones too often - but I do love me some protein hot chocolate!  Gonna have to research this.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

poet_kelly
on 2/15/14 8:07 am - OH

Yep, chocolate has caffeine.  Not a lot, less than in a cup of coffee, but still caffeine.

illinois Gama D.
on 2/15/14 3:13 am

Not questioning your dr Q but I often am amazed at the difference in Dr. and the "Plan" I had regular coffee in the hospital...helped me stay regular to, What is the reasoning for no coffee? thanks, Denise,

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views