Preop Day 6

whiskeyten
on 2/22/14 2:54 am
RNY on 03/03/14

Hello peeps,

I'm sooooooo tired today and am kind of disappointed I'm not losing as much weight as I thought I would.  However, onward and upward eyes on the prize etc...  Ive been reading through older post and just wanted to say thank you for all the honest words that flow through here on a daily basis.

Gilly

HW 350  CW 251 GW 160

so ready for this journey to continue!

Dcgirl
on 2/22/14 6:18 am, edited 2/22/14 6:18 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Gilly, you've got this! Although the pre-op diet is for losing weight it's more so to shrink your liver and get you in the mindset of drinking your meals, so that immediately post op you aren't having such a drastic change. One day you will look back on the pre op diet as a blessing! Good luck powering through-you're almost there!

ReginaPhelange
on 2/22/14 6:34 am
RNY on 02/24/14

I hear ya!  I was getting very frustrated the scale did not move down at all last week.  Then this morning BOOM down 4lbs from yesterday!  Hang in there!   This part SUCKS!   Tomorrow I fast, Monday is surgery!   Damn I am want a hamburger!

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

nibanike
on 2/22/14 2:03 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

I was frustrated the first week of the liquid pre-op diet too, and hadn't quite lost 2 pounds. Then, in the last few days (it's midnight, so I'm starting on Day 12), I've dropped 5.8 more pounds. I think it has something to do with ketosis kicking in.  I've been tired too, and even though peppermint tea is caffeine free, I've found that if I put it over ice, it seems to perk me up between the taste and the smell.  Best of luck on your journey!

christinamudd
on 2/22/14 5:38 pm

I'm so excited for you!  don't be too upset this is just the beginning to the new chapter of your life!!!

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

Most Active
Recent Topics