Migraines post surgery: supplement or prescripton to deal with?

Jen Lyn
on 2/20/14 4:50 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

I haven't had a migraine in years. Now I have had about 20 small, short ones with aura since surgery three months ago. Any advice on why or what to do?
My PA told me after I begin taking supplements they might stop but they are not.  I will put a call in the morning.

poet_kelly
on 2/20/14 6:37 pm - OH

What supplements did the PA recommend for migraines?  If you're talking about vitamins, I'm not aware of any vitamin deficiency that causes migraines.  I'd see your PCP for medication for them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Candy V.
on 2/20/14 8:54 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have had migraines since I had children, so for almost 20 yrs.  I believe they are hormone driven in my case as the pregnancy started them and they cycle in frequency with my cycle.  The hormones flushed out during extreme weight loss may be the cause in your case.  See you PCP, I have prescription fioricet and imitrex for mine.   I hope this helps you get relief.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Naskey
on 2/21/14 12:25 am - MI

My husband had to start taking magnesium as his surgery, his neurologist mentioned that sometimes after RNY your magnesium levels get a little out of balance and make your headaches worse, by adding back the magnesium it is supposed to help.  He tried it for a few months and had some relief.  I have been having horrible migraines since surgery so I am going to start taking magnesium to see if it helps.  I had horrible migraines before surgery but they have become 10x worse since surgery.

grmadeb01
on 2/21/14 5:38 am - FL

i use doterra essential oils called pasttense, it is for tension and stress headaches and really helps with the migraines.....i have pretty much gotten rid of all my over the counter drugs and just using the essential oils, they have made a huge difference in my life. they are 100% certified pure theraputic medicinal grade essential oils, they are mighty potent. 1 drop of my peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of peppermint tea....

good luck

have a great day

debby

Kathleen11
on 2/22/14 2:22 am - Burlington, Canada

I have only had 3 post op (13 months post op) when I do it's from processed deli meat or not enough water.  I take RelpaxRelpax

Kathleen11
on 2/22/14 2:23 am - Burlington, Canada

Lol just Relpax.  Not sure why it posted the text twice 

Most Active
Recent Topics