Having some pain, any ideas?

Missella20
on 2/24/14 6:42 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Hi, I am 7 months post op and everything was fine. The last 3 days my bowel movements have been difficult, some constipation. The last 2 days I needed to poop but couldn't. I have had cramping on and off for 3 days. Today I have nausea bad and am not eating. I finally did have a bowel movement after work. So my question is has anyone experienced this? My prescription for Prilosec ran out and I haven't had it for 4 days. Could this be the problem? My doc prescribed it for the first 3 months twice daily but I took once a day for 6 months and I had no pain or nausea. Thanks for any help!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

poet_kelly
on 2/24/14 6:46 am - OH

Constipation can cause nausea.  I suggest getting some Miralax (you can get a generic brand at many stores, which is the same as the name brand, just cheaper) and taking a dose a day for a while and see if that helps.  I don't think not taking Prilosec would cause constipation.  It could cause nausea if you have too much stomach acid, but I think it's more like the nausea was related to needing to poop.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missella20
on 2/24/14 6:50 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Thanks. I forgot to say about the pain....it feels like right after surgery. It feels like horrible indigestion and pressure on my chest. And my upper abdomen is tender and nauseous.

poet_kelly
on 2/24/14 6:53 am - OH

Hmm.  Then I'd probably get some Miralax and some Prilosec (you can get both over the counter).  If they help, then I'd call my doc and ask for a script (both are available by script and depending on your copay, can be cheaper that way - I get a script for Miralax and pay a copay of $2.55 for a 30-day supply).  Of course, if the pain is really bad or you think something serious might be wrong, then I'd call your doc now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missella20
on 2/24/14 6:55 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Thanks for your help! I will try that tonight.

tdbull
on 2/24/14 8:35 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I take 1 Omeprazole a day just to be safe, since I had such bad acid reflux before surgery. I now eat spicy food with no problem. I also suffer from constipation, so as Kelly said, drink a glass of Miralax a day. I haven't had a BM now for 3 days and after lunch, I had severe cramping and tummy pain. I chalk this up to constipation cuz it's the only time it happens. So I drank a glass of Miralax and also took 2 stool softeners. Nothing yet but hoping tonight or tomorrow things will begin to move...

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Missella20
on 2/24/14 9:46 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Thanks! I am going to call the doc tomorrow to see if he will give me another prescription. And I bought some miralax

Most Active
Recent Topics