Healthy Snacks

Wishing_Well
on 2/26/14 7:12 am - Urbana, OH
RNY on 04/08/13

Hi everyone, I'm almost 11 months out and I'm looking for some good recipes or quick snacks that I can take on the go with me that are low in carbs and high in protein. Please help! Thanks !

southernpeachnc
on 2/26/14 7:25 am

I have some beef jerky.  1 oz has 80 cal - 13 grams protein - 4 carbs.  (1 oz is filling for me)  Trader Joes has Turkey jerky that is a bit better on these numbers.

I also have "Naturs Promise" Creamy ranch soy chrisps.  These are filling and I only have 2 to 4 at a time. 19 crisps are 120 cal - 7 grams protein - 15 carbs. They are at the grocery stores.  As I said they are quite filling and no way could I ever get in 19 of them. Tastes delish if you like ranch flavor.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Wishing_Well
on 2/26/14 7:38 am - Urbana, OH
RNY on 04/08/13

I have taught myself to love all turkey products! I usually have one of those Beef and cheese stick snacks you find at the checkout line in grocery stores, but I saw that our Walmart now has a turkey and cheese snack by Jack Links? that they sell in an 8 pk for $4 something. I am thinking about grabbing some of those as well.

jenorama
on 2/26/14 8:25 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I like to use jerky--I like the Pacific Gold beef jerky from Costo and get the big bag that has like 12 1 oz bags inside.  Basically, I can't be trusted with a giant bag of jerky.  I keep a baggie of almonds in the car too.  Greek yogurt is a good quick snack, especially early out.  The Babybel cheese and string cheese are also good.  Bariatric Foodie (bariatricfoodie.com) is a great resource and so is the World According to Eggface.  You can find protein ball recipes on both sites (I think).  Slices of lunchmeat wrapped around a stick of cheese is really great too.

Good luck on your journey!

Jen

Wishing_Well
on 2/26/14 8:33 am - Urbana, OH
RNY on 04/08/13

Those are all great options, thank you!

Day_dream_believer
on 2/26/14 11:19 am

My go to snacks are lettuce wrap with a piece of lunch meat and pickle, Greek yogurt, soy beans, cheese sticks, apple and peanut butter, roasted chick peas, and hummus with veggies

kinny09
on 2/26/14 12:15 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Dry roasted edamame, hummus with carrot sticks, fage Greek yogurt, beef jerky, almonds (salt and vinegar are my fave!), 100 cal. Bag of popcorn if I'm at protein goal for day and want something crunchy or a piece of fruit. 

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??