Had surgery monday 2/24

Linnyann21
on 2/27/14 8:07 am - NJ

Hi Everyone-

I had my RNY surgery this past Monday 2/24. I was doing alright until today. I've become very emotional. Crying all the time and complaining I'm not getting enough support and affection from my husband. I don't know If I am having buyers remorse or am upset because I cant eat anything and my family Is eating. I don't know what it is and I hate it. I've heard a lot of people go through this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Lindsay

Manny32
on 2/27/14 8:21 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

its a hard path but be strong , remember why  you made that decision and you will feel better :) 

mimiof2wins
on 2/27/14 10:16 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

I also was very emotional the first two weeks. With time and lots of prayer, it went away. I felt pretty normal the 3rd week after surgery and completely normal  one month out. Hang in there! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

RainyDaz67
on 2/27/14 10:27 am

Hi Lindsay...I just had mine done on February 18th and I completely understand what u are going through. My first week I had a melt down every other day but now week 2 has been better. Don't feel alone it sounds like this is pretty normal.  Hang in there!!

tdbull
on 2/27/14 11:07 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Firstly, welcome to the loser's bench. I don't know if it's meds from surgery or what they pump us with, but I was very emotional for the first month and even a little longer. Once you get to eating and off the liquid diet you will feel better. Try to walk outside and get some fresh air - that helped me. Hang in there - it will get better.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

lonnierjones
on 2/27/14 3:25 pm

Lindsay,

Hang in there...the liquid diet will make you crazy...I had no energy and felt like I was in hell.  I also experienced the feelings of no support...its a weird thing...not sure how to explain it.

Focus on the fact that it will get better...I promise.  Especially when you graduate to soft foods....within 2 days of soft foods I was feeling soooooo much better...just tough it out till then and things will get better.

Good luck!

Lonnie

Diabetes Diet Journal Blog

Ocalasam
on 2/27/14 9:21 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I think many of us have experienced this after surgery.  Hormones could also be the culprit.  It will get better - hang in there!

Linnyann21
on 2/27/14 9:42 pm - NJ

thank everyone! this is a great place to come for support :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 486 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 106 views
Recent Topics