High Protein Waffles - What?!?!?!

kathyshrinks
on 3/6/14 9:05 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12

Sorry, I was going to post pics of my waffle victory, but can't seem to do it on my tablet. Oh, well. The post below is referring to my awesome pics of Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix and the waffles I made with it:

I picked up this pancake waffle mix at Costco today and had to try it right away. First off, it doesn't smell like protein, so I was pretty excited. the results did *not* disappoint. The wheat taste is extremely mild - I am not a fan of whole grains, as a rule. These taste very close to ordinary waffles. I was blown away, and had to share. Heck if you mix them with high protein milk ( my new fave Safeway product), you could do a half-and -half thing with regular waffle mix, and still be way up there in the protein department.  Now I will start experimenting with using Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix in place of the Bob's Red Mill low-carb baking mix I have been relying on for two years. The Kodiak stuff tastes so much better it's not even in the same ball park.

kathyshrinks
on 3/6/14 9:17 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12

Oops forgot to include stats. For half of a 7 inch Belgian style waffle:

190 calories

2g fat

395 mg sodium

3 g sugars

14g protein

5 g fiber

sjkern
on 3/6/14 9:38 am - wadena, MN

I GUESS I CANT HELP YOU...I THOGUHT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WITH GOOD PROTEIN. I USE GREAT VALUE(WALMART) YOGURT 14g PROTEIN 

PetHairMagnet
on 3/6/14 10:06 am
RNY on 05/13/13

How many carbs?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Justcallmesuz
on 3/6/14 10:43 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm curious on carbs as well.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Mo Diggity
on 3/6/14 11:16 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I think this is the nutrition facts for the product The OP was talking about, I got it off of the Kodiak website (for those that were wondering about carbs)

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

dawnelea
on 3/6/14 11:54 pm

Thank you!! Ive been making my own protein cakes etc....I will go to Costco this weekend!!

Dawne   

White Dove
on 3/7/14 12:00 am - Warren, OH

There is no Costco where I live.  This would be great.  I hope I find it somewhere around here.  I looked on Amazon and can get it for about $12 a box with shipping, which seems expensive.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/14 12:07 am

If you have a friend or someone who can order it for you from Costco's online store that may help.

White Dove
on 3/7/14 1:13 am - Warren, OH

Thanks, did not know they even had an online store.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views