Pro Op Appointment

grnidpapple
on 3/10/14 8:19 am
  I went for my 1 week pre op appt. with my doctor today! Wasn't want I expected. I guess I ate too much since my band was removed and I gained 15 lbs since December. I lost 5 with the liquid diet I have been one since last week and he wants me to lose the other 10 by March 18th (the day of my surgery) or he is going to postpone it!. He said with my liquid diet and exercise that I can do it. He told me that gaining the 15 lbs shows that I haven't learned discipline and he wants to see that I am serious about this surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this??
PetHairMagnet
on 3/10/14 9:15 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, grnidpapple wrote:
  I went for my 1 week pre op appt. with my doctor today! Wasn't want I expected. I guess I ate too much since my band was removed and I gained 15 lbs since December. I lost 5 with the liquid diet I have been one since last week and he wants me to lose the other 10 by March 18th (the day of my surgery) or he is going to postpone it!. He said with my liquid diet and exercise that I can do it. He told me that gaining the 15 lbs shows that I haven't learned discipline and he wants to see that I am serious about this surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this??

Does he think 10 lbs in less than 10 days is realistic? I was EXTREMELY faithful to my pre-op diet and I don't think I was losing a lb a day.

Was he wanting you to lose after the band was removed or just maintain the weight you had or??? 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

grnidpapple
on 3/10/14 9:27 am

I guess he wanted me to maintain, but he didn't state that. I didn't think I was eating a lot of food, just able to eat unlike when I had the lapband. He said with the liquid diet and exercise I will do fine. I talked to a few people and they all think I did great only gaining 15lbs and said that they gained a lot more then I did.

AnnyBananny
on 3/10/14 11:17 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

You can totally do it! I've been on my liquid diet since last week also - we have the same surgery date! I actually have been losing about a pound a day - which I totally think is partly because of the huge amount of water I'm drinking. I'm trying to get three 32oz. Nalgene bottles in a day (all those trips to pee really burn calories LOL).

Good luck!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

grnidpapple
on 3/10/14 9:54 pm
On March 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Pacific Time, AnnyBananny wrote:

You can totally do it! I've been on my liquid diet since last week also - we have the same surgery date! I actually have been losing about a pound a day - which I totally think is partly because of the huge amount of water I'm drinking. I'm trying to get three 32oz. Nalgene bottles in a day (all those trips to pee really burn calories LOL).

Good luck!

I might have to up my water intake, I have been drinking a lot for me, but probably still not enough. Hopefully I will be having my surgery and we compare things after.

Sherrie P.
on 3/10/14 12:32 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I went through something similar. I gained...should have maintained... had to lose it!!

So I would just do all protein shakes until surgery and it WILL suck -- but you have to. Nothing but liquids. PERIOD.  You won't die from it.  Then when you get your surgery you won't be hungry any more! 

Also - if they do not require a bowel cleanse, do one anyway.  Cleaning out that poop will help. Drink a bottle of magnesium citrate and you will poop it all out.

Sugar free popsicles.

Water.

Shakes.

Go for it. Try your best.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

grnidpapple
on 3/10/14 9:51 pm
On March 10, 2014 at 7:32 PM Pacific Time, Sherrie P. wrote:

I went through something similar. I gained...should have maintained... had to lose it!!

So I would just do all protein shakes until surgery and it WILL suck -- but you have to. Nothing but liquids. PERIOD.  You won't die from it.  Then when you get your surgery you won't be hungry any more! 

Also - if they do not require a bowel cleanse, do one anyway.  Cleaning out that poop will help. Drink a bottle of magnesium citrate and you will poop it all out.

Sugar free popsicles.

Water.

Shakes.

Go for it. Try your best.

Thank you Sherrie, They are requiring a bowel cleanse, I have to drink the Magnesium Citrate the day before the surgery. I have been drinking water, protein shakes, and eating Jell-O. I didn't think about Popsicles Ill have to pick some up today. What about Zero PowerAde???

Sherrie P.
on 3/10/14 10:53 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Power Aid Zero will work too.  I don't think it has much if any sodium in it. You don't want anything that will make you retain water.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 422 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 159 views