1st post op appt

whiskeyten
on 3/13/14 1:24 pm
RNY on 03/03/14

Got my drains out!!! Got my drains out 10 lbs down from my  day of surgery weight despite gaining 7 extra while in hospital. Got my drains out!!!!!

HW 350  CW 251 GW 160

so ready for this journey to continue!

ReginaPhelange
on 3/13/14 1:55 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

Woo hooo!

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

Thinknthin
on 3/13/14 9:37 pm

Congratulations! How exciting 

marymo362
on 3/13/14 10:53 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

Your drains are down the drain! HURRAY! and hurray on the weight loss. Hang in there and hope you have a great weekend!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

gtrdyfor50
on 3/13/14 11:26 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
I had a complication with my drain so that day when I got it out was the BEST DAY EVER! LOL

Sounds like you are doing great!

Tanya S.
on 3/15/14 4:49 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Woo hoo hoo, you got your drains out!!!

(Just a little virtual dancing to help you celebrate)

Tina G.
on 3/15/14 5:41 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi Congrats! Hope you are feeling well y surgery is coming up on the 9th of April. Are drainage tubes a common thing? I read some people have them and others don't say anything about it.

Dcgirl
on 3/15/14 5:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I didn't have drains - just little steri strips over my incisions, so I have no idea what that is but NOT having one sounds awesome!!!  Congratulations and I promise every day is better than the last.  Except for those hormones early on...don't feel bad if you feel bad or sad...that passes too :)  Grat job and welcome to your new life!

whiskeyten
on 3/16/14 2:54 am
RNY on 03/03/14

No, not everyone has drains in my program.  In my case I was a revision from a lap band removal earlier i the year and had massive internal scarring plus a surprise hernia and part of my stomach was pulled up into my esophagus.  My surgery took 5-6 hrs with my dr struggling not to have to turn a laprascopic  procedure into an open one.  Two drains were placed on either side of my abdomen and left in for 10 days, until my first post op appt. one of my drains was touching my diaphragm which caused inability to take deep breaths and caused quite a lot of pain in my left shoulder that is similar to the gas pains  one gets post surgery.  I had to do dressing changes 2/3 times a day and empty them as well.  on the 7th day one of my drain tip drooped and started brushing along my pelvic wall.  THAT WAS THE MOST EXQUISITE pain ever!!!  I could barely move around and sitting, lying were torture.  The day before my post op I could not get all of my liquid/protein in.  My friend had to drive very slowly when taking me to the office as going over every bump was not fum and I couldn't even sit down at the office while waiting. Then the drains came out and instantly i could breathe deeply and my pain went from a 10/10 to 2/10.  Life was good. And life is still good. 

I didn't post much while I was going thru this cause I didn't want to complain or scare newbies to death. Just know, my situation was not common and people have drains all the time with very little issues. I just like to be extreme in everything....At least thats what my Dr says

HW 350  CW 251 GW 160

so ready for this journey to continue!

Most Active
Recent Topics