Gallbladder is enlarged and full of sludge

KellyC210
on 3/12/14 7:20 am - SC

Ugh! I had an ultrasound this morning to figure out why I have pain in my side, and here is the culprit. Dern it! And the suggested course of action by my primary care..... Take ibuprofen and wait until you develop a fever, vomiting or excruciating pain. What?! I told her I couldn't take ibuprofen, that it was in my chart, she was like, oh yeah I see that. Let me call you back. Nothing, nada, crickets. Again, I say ugh!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

PetHairMagnet
on 3/12/14 9:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh wow! I know very little about gallbladder issues...but does this mean you'll have it removed and you are waiting for a date or???

Hope you feel better quickly one way or the other!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

KellyC210
on 3/12/14 10:08 am - SC

My understanding is that they are waiting until it becomes worse until they remove it. I see my surgeon Friday for my 5 month follow up, so I guess I'll find out more then.

And thanks?

KellyC210
on 3/12/14 10:09 am - SC

My understanding is that they want to wait for it to get worse before they do anything. But I see my surgeon Friday for my 5 month follow up, so I guess I'll see then.

And thanks!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/12/14 10:11 am, edited 3/12/14 10:12 am - OH

That's just silly.  The stones and sludge are not going anywhere and ther is no reason for you to suffer when they know what the problem is.

I would just flat out tell the doctor that you don't want to have to deal with pain for no good reason, especially since you are limited to Tylenol, and would prefer just to get the gallbladder removed.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PetHairMagnet
on 3/12/14 12:46 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, KellyC210 wrote:

My understanding is that they want to wait for it to get worse before they do anything. But I see my surgeon Friday for my 5 month follow up, so I guess I'll see then.

And thanks!

Oh wow, I would be pushing back BIG TIME!

Why let it worsen? Yikes! I'd call and ask for a surgery date, STAT. 

Poor thing!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

The Salty Hag
on 3/12/14 12:13 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm with Lora. That little ******* needs to come out ASAP,Kelly. It's not like the issue will resolve on its own. 

You're seeing your surgeon Friday? They will probably suggest surgery...ASAP. 

My surgeon is the one *****moved my GB. 

Good luck, and hope you don't have any attacks! They suuuuuuuck. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sockmonkey21014
on 3/12/14 12:21 pm

so call the dr. that did your bypass see what he /she says to do  I had mine out on same day as RNY

GOOD LUCK

Ocalasam
on 3/12/14 11:02 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Yeah, that is  really weird that they want you to wait until it gets worse.  That just means more gallbladder attacks which is really painful.  They are not going to go away, why suffer???  That makes no sense to me. 

ShebasMom
on 3/12/14 11:31 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

Skip the primary care doctor and see your surgeon. Mine scheduled me for surgery, when I had the same issues and test results. I was 10 months post-op rny. The complication of gall stones is a blocked pancreatic duct, thus causing pancreatitis, a much worse (and painful) problem.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 496 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 564 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 230 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 554 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics